advertisement

Running two turntables via Beresford TC-7230 phono selector?

The Beresford is a nicely made switch box, it keeps the 'nagative' of each feed seperate. Usually in the cheap chinese boxes they are common. This can be very important for containing earth loop issues. I'd guess that the cable adds more capacitance than the switch...

I hadn't heard of Crayon Audio until now. Looks good although I can't see myself buying one as changing amps isn't on the horizon.

ah, that’ll be someone else’s pic of a Crayon then! Serves me right for looking at pfm in the middle of the night. As you were … :)

I have a Denon 103 on my 401 and an Adikt on my LP12
I route both through a Denon SUT then into phono input.
This works pretty well. The Denon SUT has variable gain, so both inputs could be used, with two mm cartridges, bypassing the step up transformer.
John

Fwiw, I never did use the Beresford switch to enable a two-turntable setup. A couple of weeks after starting his thread I decided to go all-out in making a dedicated bedroom system so that I had an alternative room to sit in and listen to music during the hottest spell(s) of summer: my living room typically reaches 27 degrees and stays there, and as I live on a main road, opening the window lets in a lot of noise as well as air, and using a fan shifts air but is noisy.

My Beresford switch is still in its box but I think I'm going to use it to add an extra input to my Rega IO, my bedroom amplifier.

advertisement

Back