advertisement

Ruark Icon speakers

A pair sitting in front of me as I type. As mentioned, great build quality, solid and good real wood veneers.

Don’t expect bass from them but they have a lovely tone about them, they’re toe tappers.

I believe they were about £350 or so when these were bought about 25 years ago.

Yep I killed the BASS unit at least 4 times, getting the right drive was a pain then on CPC I found one rated and with a sound so close to the original it was a no brainer, the I fitted a internal relay protection unit that stop me pumping music over 100W into them, and hey ho they have survived a year already, whoops Sorry Brian.

P.S. I dig out the part number if you like.

YES PLEASE

It's been a long time but didn't the Sabres have heavily doped paper cones? If I remember right they had kind of a rough textured surface?

No my burnt out mess was a plastic film based speaker cone. The Caught fire when I played at over 800W the amp was fine tweeters OK but the 6.5inch cones burst in flames twice whoops sorry Brian.o_O

It's been a long time but didn't the Sabres have heavily doped paper cones? If I remember right they had kind of a rough textured surface?

My Ruark brochure says paper in the specs:
51171818426_f70c6f73c1_b.jpg

Reactions: RoA
Possibly the MkIIIs had the Poly drivers? I'm not sure as I've never seen/heard those versions.

PS if anyone wants specs of the Templar, Broadsword, Talisman, Paladin, Crusader, Equinox or Accolade, I'll post 'em up :)

@gingermrkettle - here you go.

51172191401_1f86140359_b.jpg

How do you find these? I've not had the pleasure of hearing a pair. Contemporary reviews at the time said they needed a lot of space, so didn't go on my shopping list : /

I am using them on wall mounts in a small room with an active crossover so not really what the reviews anticipate. However, at £250 for a cosmetically tatty pair I can't complain, they do a much better job than anything else I could reasonably have got.

Hello.
I know that the thread was started a quite long time ago but nonetheless...
Could you, please, provide specs for Ruark Broadsword?
I am in urgent need of this!
Thank you in advance

Regards

advertisement

Back