Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ruark Accolades

Discussion in 'd.i.y.' started by Jimin, Mar 15, 2013.

1. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

Hi everyone

Question about reinstalling Ruark Accolade woofers. (I didn't remove them, bought 'em like this).

There are no +/- indicators on the terminals. I phoned Ruark, who were sure there should be something. Could it be the red sticker?

Photos:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I know I could take a gamble on getting the right ones, and that won't damage anything, but it's a slightly fiddly soldering job that I'd rather get right the first time.

Thanks!

Jim

2. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

3. Pete MB&D

Pete MB&D Pete Maddex, the one and only!

Hi,

Connect a 1.5v battery across the terminals and see which way the come moves.

Pete

4. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

Hi Pete

What would I be looking for? If the cone moves outwards, is that positive?

5. Pete MB&D

Yep, positive battery connection when the cone moves out is the positive terminal on the speaker.

Pete

6. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

Tried that Pete, but no movement at all. Could I use a multimeter?

Jim

7. Pete MB&D

Hi, Jim

You should get movement and sound, try the meter across the terminals, and the battery it might be flat.

Pete

8. Jimin

Jimin pfm Member

Thank you Pete.

I figured out what I was doing wrong. A simple mistake.

When I get time I'll try the battery trick again. Can't wait to hear these speakers!

Jim