advertisement

RSD '23 list is out....

There's definitely bits and pieces there but nothing much to get too excited about on first look.

I just had a quick scroll and nothing was yelling at me. A couple of Archie Shepp titles, but likely not essential ones. Quite a few reissues of stuff I’ve already got, some reissues of stuff I could find in £1 bins a few years back. Usual RSD!

bros-when-will-i-be-famous-cover-600.jpg

Quite a lot of meh but there are a few interesting looking jazz releases. The Craft Chet Baker and the Bill Evans 3xLP will be popular.

Glad to see they have reinstated the traditional Sun Ra live album. It's not RSD without a Sun Ra live album!

My local record shop has bailed out this year. Nothing on the list interests me in the slightest. Think the bubble has burst.

Probably just The Nightingales title for me as it’s a first for that album on vinyl and will be packaged real nice. That’ll do.

Never really noticed before it's called Record Store Day. Is this when turntable owners make a concerted effort to go out at the same time to buy IKEA cubes to expand their storage ahead of the next year's purchases from record shops?

A lot of barrel scrapeage going on there. It must be getting harder for stores to participate and blindly take whatever they get given, a high risk of ending up with a bunch of unsellable duds.

advertisement

Back