advertisement

ROON Your Daily Mix

caine

pfm Member
Anyone started getting into them ?
Come across them a week or so ago. Not sure if the lists are added / changed daily or weekly; as six new mixes have appeared in ROON -> Home section. Currently listening to Saint Etienne Mix; eclectic mix of indie pop / electronica from the late 80's onwards including Pulp, Chemical Brothers, Portishead, Air and St Etienne themselves amongst others.

The Other Daily Mixes:
Lionel Richie Mix
Dave Gahan and Soulsaver Mix
Rhye Mix
Parcels Mix
Gogo Penguin Mix

If you have Roon and haven't come across this yet. Check it out.

The six 25 track mixes should change daily. I’ve been using them for some time now and have found them to mostly be very enjoyable. There doesn’t seem to be a huge variety for me in artists the mixes are based on, but that may be down to what I’m listening to.
If you’re on the latest version (1.8 build 884 for core, 880 for remotes) you should also get a stack* of Roon playlists lower down the same page.

Mick

(*around 35 or so, but I’ve not seen them change yet)

The daily mixes are sometimes an easy choice if you’re not sure what to listen to, though you can just pick a song and let Roon Radio carry on from there and it can bea bit more varied. I hadn’t noticed the playlists before, are they just since build 884?

Thx - just updated Roon and found these new lists. Will be examining them in the coming days -...

A bunch of other 'statistics' have appeared too (further down the 'home' page - what you've been listening too, how long and when. Not sure it will be interesting beyond the occasional look-see.

Seen the stats section - interesting though only accounts for music played via ROON. New set of six daily mixes. With a very large collection; the random nature of daily mixes explore parts of my collection I’ve not heard or thought about for a while. So probably not particularly useful for those with small collections.

Seen the stats section - interesting though only accounts for music played via ROON. New set of six daily mixes. With a very large collection; the random nature of daily mixes explore parts of my collection I’ve not heard or thought about for a while. So probably not particularly useful for those with small collections.
I think the daily mixes really come into their own if a user has a Tidal or Qobuz account, with all those millions of available tracks. It’ll still kick off the mix with an artist the user has listened to (mostly!) but can bring new and interesting music to the listener.

Mick

Agreed. I do have Qobuz sublime (mainly to get hi-res albums a lot cheaper); did have Tidal, though I find between the two qobuz is more my sound. As for MQA yet to hear the difference between that and 24/96 streams from qobuz.

advertisement

Back