advertisement

ROON Version 1.8

Oooooh, looks like an excellent upgrade, being a new Roon user (40 odd days so far) I can say it has revolutionised my listening experience and can't wait to see what musical surprises the new update throws at me.

I’m very happy with the way it currently works. So presuming 1.8 is smooth & bug-free, it looks very promising.
Of course it may not convince that many doubters if the improvements are focussed on the visuals & search/ library organisation aspects, but as I reckon Roons SQ is already excellent, I’m happy I took out the lifetime membership before the last price hike.

I hope Roon Radio would be improved as at times selection is "God knows where that track came from" other than that new user interface looks nice

Oooooh, looks like an excellent upgrade, being a new Roon user (40 odd days so far) I can say it has revolutionised my listening experience and can't wait to see what musical surprises the new update throws at me.
Yep that’s been my experience as well and I’m also a new user (2 months)

Hope they’ve put work into improving Roon Radio. I’m sure it was better before Valance started.

Anyone's seen a changelog for the 1.8 release? Curious to see what is changing besides the UI but I can't find much beyond the marketing spiel on their website.

I’d be happy if when I search under a track name in Roon, I could be sure that I can see every version of that song that is on Qobuz. In my experience, you can’t, and it is a pain when you want to have many versions of the same song on a playlist. If they could put each version by the same artist in order too, that would make choosing the best sounding one to put on the playlist, so much easier.

Looks great. I like what they've done with Classical music searching which is usually a right PITA if you can't remember which symphony orchestra, conductor etc was involved.

I love LMS but it’s a different beast to Roon. Roon is much more refined and has a range of operations. It should given the price.

Looking forward to this, but I hope it has a darker theme, I use a 50” in the music room and I don’t want a huge white screen!!

advertisement

Back