advertisement

roon rock questions

Have a go, if stuck ask questions, you’ll get loads of help. What NUC model number do you have?

I bought this one - NUC10i7FNH, sounds similar to what you have so I can double check settings for you if needed, happy to use PM/Email/Chat. If you can get the ROCK USB to boot and the SSD showing up you are pretty much gold.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B084HBMCF5/?tag=pinkfishmedia-21
H i purchased the nuc 10i3fnh , thanks for your help , im probably going to go for it Saturday , i dont think the bios will be out of date by much its only 6 weeks old , so maybe best to leave that , cheers phil.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Hi folks , recently purchased a nuc i3 10th gen ssd and 16gb ram , running windows 10 with qubuz , windows is a nightmare to complicated , im considering roon rock mainly because it would seem my intel nuc is compatible with it , i would need to set up the bios for legacy , no problem , just tried flashing the operating system , no problem , downloading the codets seems fairly straitforward , you then put the ip address on another pc , in my case a lenovo 7in tablet , to operate the roon rock , no linux experience at all
how hard is this all to do , any advice please cheers phil.
I have done my first ROCK installation this morning , I followed instructions on Roon website and all have been done in roughly half an hour , only thing left is BIOS update but I will skip it for now as all works

I have done my first ROCK installation this morning , I followed instructions on Roon website and all have been done in roughly half an hour , only thing left is BIOS update but I will skip it for now as all works

Hi slawekt , is your nuc a 10th gen model , also how do you get the remote working , phil.

Hi Phil
I didn't realise you bought NUC10 , I use 8 but only difference would be in BIOS setup , check this:
https://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/articles/000032529/intel-nuc.html
after you've sorted BIOS follow this :
https://help.roonlabs.com/portal/en/kb/articles/rock-install-guide
if you get stuck post on this thread and there is lot of good guys willing to help
When you install ROCK any other device would ask to look for Roon core , you just need to point to ROCK if there is problem finding core you can point your core network address which you have displayed after ROCK installation or check on your router for ROCK address.

Help required , ive got the ffmpeg file , and ive got the missing codets page with question mark , basically i put the ip address into my web browser on another pc , i think you can drag and drop the ffmpeg how do i find the data folder , cheers phil.

if you have ROCK Server running on the NUC you then need to install the ROON App on a Tablet/Phone/Computer and point it to the ROCK Server - it’ll walk you through and should find the Server for you.

Ok folks , roon rock is now running on my lenovo tablet , its loaded my albums from my hard drive and found the art work , and qubuz is now there to select , sound quality is better than with windows , the app works great , only problem sometimes when you select a certain track , my dac makes a clicking noise like its trying to find the data and i have to pull out the usb lead , it seems like its always on a certain track , walk on by issac hayes Harlem Nocturne Illinois Jacquet to naim 2 , does everyone get this or is it something about my dac audionote dac sig 2.1 , thanks for all your help and support phil.

advertisement

Back