advertisement

Room Carpet Divider for Speaker Cables

dalryc

pfm Member
Does anyone know if there are room carpet dividers - the metal strip under the door - that accepts cables?
I've got a single run of QED Silver Micro Speaker Cable for a rear speaker that traverses a door.
The cable looks like 3mm by 6mm.

You may be right, but I wondered if there was any solution that would allow the removal or change of the cable without much interference with the laid carpet.

You could put a small channel of trunking underneath but it would be alot of work and with a cable of those dimensions I'd be inclined to either stick it behind the gripper track or remove a little underlay and put it in front of the gripper.
You can get skirting with a channel relieved from the back side and I suppose the same idea could be used for a traditional wooden door saddle but once again alot of work to hide a few feet of small cable.

You could put a small channel of trunking underneath but it would be alot of work and with a cable of those dimensions I'd be inclined to either stick it behind the gripper track or remove a little underlay and put it in front of the gripper.
You can get skirting with a channel relieved from the back side and I suppose the same idea could be used for a traditional wooden door saddle but once again alot of work to hide a few feet of small cable.
That's pretty much what I do - cut out a 'groove' from the carpet / underlay and put trunking in that - make sure it's well stuck down to avoid accidents..

advertisement

Back