advertisement

Ronnie O'Sullivan.

I watched both semi's today.

Why does Ron keep picking his hooter, methinks from previous dabbles with unknown substances

He got a bit lucky in the deciding frame but wow in the previous two. Ronnie being Ronnie should hardly be a surprise to Selby. The other semi's deciding frame was in some ways the most amazing I've ever watched.

He got a bit lucky in the deciding frame but wow in the previous two. Ronnie being Ronnie should hardly be a surprise to Selby. The other semi's deciding frame was in some ways the most amazing I've ever watched.

Bizarre more than the most amazing imo

Selby not happy.
I can't help but side with the "tortured Genius"; myth or not.

Thought Mrs Selby knew it was going awry.

I knew a couple of fellahs who knocked about with our Ron for a brief period, not sure any of them were stable

I know him a bit, have done for years. He's quite unusual. I'd say he lives on his nerves.

I don't follow snooker, or any other sports.

I have not met him, and my info sources would have distorted recollections. I agree he has problems, as I am sure we all have to some degree.

Tell us more

hardly a sport I can get excited about tbh, I once had a wizz next to Bill Werbeniuk in Sheffield too ;)

After expressing concern about people being allowed at the championship I wonder how Mr O'Sullivan will react to a crowd being allowed in for the final.
Mind boggling decision by the snooker authorities bearing in mind further lockdowns around the country & quarantine measures.

I'm not a major fan of snooker, but I was intrigued watching tonight's performance by O' Sullivan. He's either barking.. or 'on' something to attempt some of those shots given his undoubted talent.

Sadly.. I found Gardener's World more interesting than watching the last couple of frames... so as ever. was reliant on PFM for important World news...

The last frame of Wilson v McGill was incredible.
Just wonder if the final may be a bit of an anti climax.

I suspect the final will be an anti climax after those semi finals. I’ve not really been a snooker fan since the 80s but those semis were gripping. With some of Ronnie’s reckless shots towards the end I thought he was a goner. Despite his flaws I wanted him to win. Wonder if he will react to Selby’s after match comments...

Ronnie reminds me a lot of the Gallagher brothers.... but with an Essex accent

Take nothing away from the other semi either..... shame a fluke pretty much finished it. Both were real gents in the after match interviews.

He’s a character in a sport that needs its characters. He’s definitely flawed, even unlikeable perhaps, but he brings that excitement and recklessness that Higgins used to give us years ago.

The final would probably be an anti climax if Selby had beaten O'Sullivan. If O'Sullivan loses focus or goes off the boil which he often does I think Wilson has a real chance, certainly more chance than he would have against Selby.

Ronnie's post match press appearances this championship have been way more entertaining than most of the actual snooker.

Last night was no different. Selby looked very agitated in his brief utterances to the very enthusiastic Rob Walker post play. Moaning about Ronnie's chosen technique for recovering from snookers was a bit daft.

The matches have not been up to much this year - lack of audience seems to have taken the edge of it for most of the top players. Trump looked and played like he had stumbled out of bed and headed to the practise table without much thought or prep.

advertisement

Back