advertisement

[FS] Roksan Xerxes 20 Plus with Sara Arm £2999

Whaleblue

Southbound
Recently rebuilt by Roksan with new sub, top and bottom plinths, suspension blobs, plus various other parts. Bearing was checked and deemed in fine condition, so close to a new deck, and certainly looking that way.

It comes with the Sara unipivot arm, fitted with an AT-OC9XML which has only a small number of hours on it. Obviously a lower overall price if you don’t want the cart as I’d happily redeploy it.

It also comes with Roksan Caspian power supply/speed controller which I’ve also had upgraded to include the MM/MC phono stage.

I think that would work out at over £8k new - and this example is close to just that.

The Sara arm was bought by the previous owner around 3 years ago and fitted with a new arm-board to the deck.

The rebuild was due to the new arm-board not quite aligning perfectly. I’m told they changed something in recent years making older decks not perfectly compatible with newer pieces. It worked perfectly but it got to the OCD in me, hence me getting it rebuilt as an almost new deck. I asked them to replace the bearing if at all worn, but it was given a clean bill of health, so it, the motor, the (very clean) platter and lid are the only parts remaining from original.

I had the Caspian upgraded to have the MM/MC stage fitted and the power supply replaced for good measure, so again that’s mostly all new too.

I have all the original packaging for both the 20+ TT and the Caspian PS/phono. I’m happy for it to be collected from Worthing or I could help with delivery depending on where you are. I also work in Bracknell which gives further options.

Reduced from previous classified, I’m after £2999 without the cart, or £3300 with the cart.

52736411497_17067d3755_c.jpg

52736416687_db9c15bb8b_c.jpg

52736411502_712402df51_c.jpg

52736410707_8daf5380cc_c.jpg

52736416677_cd9af07da6_c.jpg

That looks stunning. I have had a Xerxes since the beginning, now a 20+ like yours (I think my outer platter and maybe bearing may date back to the original batch of ten they built) - never missed a beat- totally reliable and a top piece of kit.

Also met and I bought an item from @Whaleblue a while ago - it was superb. Good luck with the sale!

A bit of a long shot, but I’d seriously consider a pair of late SBLs or SL2s in p/x.

Similarly, I’d consider an arm to pair with my Garrard 401. SME perhaps.

Bump. I’m thinking I’ll box this up, but if anyone is interested let me know so it’s available for demo. It really is a lovely sounding TT but sadly I need the funds.

advertisement

Back