advertisement

Roksan TMS with Artemiz - any user here?

Breeze

pfm Member
Hi,
Is someone still uses a Roksan TMS (2 or 3) with Artemiz or other tonearms?
After long years with an old Radius 2 in the 90ies and now with different high mass turntables I would like to have a revival and try the big Roksan after all these years.

What do you think about this turntable today?
Yes, the VTA adjustment is complicated, the azimuth adjustment is not really existent, the rpm is not really adjustable, so there are really turntables that are more comfortable.

And do you have any experiences about a combination with Lyra cartridges? I have an Atlas here that could match it, theoretically it could be similar strengths as the Roksan.

Thanks for any input.

Because I don’t look for a modern one, but I would try my long time „dream“-turntable, that is available now for a small amount.
I like the optics of the TMS much more than the vertere.

Xerxes Artemis and Dynavector 10x5

Just need to fit a shim kit, I did fit a 2mm tungsten ball to the main bearing and gave it a good strip down and clean last week, sounds fantastic.

Pete

Not the info you're after but I will say that I recall sitting down to listen to Led Zep IV on a Roksan TMS at a client's house many years ago. It must have been pretty good because I can still remember it very clearly now: Bloomin' fantastic sound.

I have a TMS2 + Ataxerxes + Shiraz. Suberb rig, would not trade it for anything. Also the looks are unbeatable.

advertisement

Back