Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

[IC] Roksan TMS 3

Discussion in 'classifieds' started by Polarbear, May 4, 2022.

1. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

Just testing the water to see if a Roksan TMS 3 TT with Artemiz arm, with a Dynavector XV1-t all Vertered with hand made cable has any appeal to anyone. I may be thinking of moving on.

No idea of prices and would welcome any feedback.

Obviously it all comes from a very well known system and has been kept immaculately

Rosewind likes this.
  2. Dandy

Dandy pfm Member

3. lambo

lambo pfm Member

If only …..

4. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

5. Electron

Electron pfm Member

I think the one on eBay is the original TMS and not a TMS 3 (top plate cut out is as per TMS original). Also the onboard Artaxerxes phono was optimised for a Shiraz and has been superseded by many iterations since it came out in the 1990s. Polarbear's TMS 3 will perform better, have been well maintained (probably tweaked by Touraj himself) and also the Vertere cabling is a significant upgrade. There was a TMS 3 with Artemiz and Reference power supply on eBay last year for around £6500 but suspect lesser spec. Ultimate Roksan turntable.

6. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

Indeed, my TMS 3 is a one off. Both the TT and Phono stage were upgraded by Touraj, its a significant improvement on the original. Thats what makes it so difficult to value.

Mine also comes with a decent cartridge :)

7. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

It might just be easier if you put a price to it rather than getting everybody giving their own option? GLWTS

lawrence001 and ducatiman like this.
  8. ducatiman

ducatiman pfm Member

Are you trading up or downwards ?

9. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

Fair enough, with all the extra cabling and cartridge, I recon its got to be worth £8,000 but could be open to sensible offers.

lambo, nmtjb and Weiss-Man like this.
  10. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

I quite fancy a Vertere TT Ducatiman.

Rosewind likes this.
  11. MANDY

MANDY pfm Member

www.choicehifi.com have one with arm cartridge and phono stage and the reference 2 psu for £7500 and will take offers , I know because I very nearly purchased it from them , but ended up buying an AVID Acutus from them instead . they have had this on sale for nearly a year , they don't however advertise thing enough to get them moved on so no fault of the turntable and id guess £7k is a rough guide to what they are worth with the phono stage and PSU . Great turntable and a future classic far superior to any spec LP12 you find , shame they never get the justice they deserve I expect Linn's marketing is far better than Roksan's or things would be reverse because their turntables are far superior and much better build quality as well as sound , although if I owned one I would want it with an SME V tonearm not a Roksan one just my preference .

nmtjb likes this.
  12. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

I had a Xerxes around 1990, with olive Naim pre/power and ProAc Tablettes, it was such an enjoyable system, and sounded immense. I always go for the underdog (as opposed to LP12).

onlyconnect, Tarzan and Polarbear like this.
  13. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

I bet that was a great system, I started with a Xeroxes, Naim 82/180 with Linn Sara’s back in the eighties.

14. Weiss-Man

Weiss-Man pfm Member

Yeah, gave a lot of enjoyment. I remember speaking to you on the Naim forum when I bought a pair of ART Alnico 8s from the Dunlop Bandit Brothers.

15. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

Still considering offers.

16. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

Go on, I will consider offers around £7k

17. Dandy

Dandy pfm Member

Polarbear’s pictures:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Rosewind, Weiss-Man and Amber Audio like this.
  18. Jennifer F

Jennifer F pfm Member

I can also add that PB’s deck sounds as magical as it looks.

PB must talk having similar thoughts myself, just not had a chance to go and have a proper listen to the Vertere.

Jenny

19. Polarbear

Polarbear pfm Member

You should give Vertere a try Jennifer, you might be pleasantly surprised.

20. Tarzan

Tarzan pfm Member

Think it is fair to say that The Roksan is a very serious Turntable indeed.

GLWTS.