advertisement

Roksan Corus MM

Hello, I wonder if anyone could help. I've recently inherited a Roksan Corus Cartridge, it's got very little use and is immaculate. How can I assess which model it is? The original purchase price was £400, I've heard they do different versions of it? Is this true, also, can I get hold of a stylus guard for it? I have children so it would be nice to keep it protected.

regards

Did you source a new guard? I emailed Roksan yesterday and they will supply me with one suitable for my Blue free of charge (ish, P+P was charged and pretty high), great customer service!

Richard

you can also use any goldring 1000 series stylus. i am using 1006 elliptical which is what the blue stylus is based on. the goldring version sounds warmer than the blue.
the equivalent of black would be the 1012x

i might try the new silver stylus once this wears out considering i also have the nima tonearm...

I think the Black was the top f the range and equivalent to/based on the 1042. The Blue was less expensive and based on the 1022 or 1012 as I recall. The 1012 was about half the price of the 1042 in the late 90s. As you say though any 1000 series stylus goes on the body.

1042 is gyger s stylus profile, black is gyger ii as is the 1012. blue was special elliptical as is 1006... don't assume based on prices.

the generator of 1000 series is all the same within that line, as is the generator of the corus line.

Stylus guard arrived today, and increasing VTA improved the sound, but only a little (I raised arm height at bearing end around 1cm...may try a little more).

Richard

if you can try a funk firm mat they reduce needletalk and sibilance pretty effectively and certainly give a better depth presentation....some people don't like that though!!!

Thanks Darryl - 1.9g tracking, and using a cork mat currently (but have a few others I should try too!). Cheers, Richard

1042 is gyger s stylus profile, black is gyger ii as is the 1012. blue was special elliptical as is 1006... don't assume based on prices.

the generator of 1000 series is all the same within that line, as is the generator of the corus line.

I agree that the Black used a Gyger II stylus but according to some literature I've just dug out the Blue used a Gyger III.

Both cartridges were considered very good.

I bump an old thread

Anyone know is black and blue exactly the same cart except stylus? I have one black without stylus and new old stock blue with stylus.

Yes, they all shared a body. The thing is that the body is only a bit of plastic, hence why there's little difference in price between the stylus and the whole thing.

I've just recently bought a Reson Reca MM cart which is fantastic.

I had an SAE 1000LT HOMC which I sold as soon as I heard the Reson.

Tony

advertisement

Back