advertisement

Rogers Ravensbrook M3 Repair Help

Yardie

Hello - I have a Rogers Ravenbrook that has one channel dead and so needs recapping; so am told by the technician booked to do the repairs.

I would like to ask folks here whether it is worth recapping with more exotic caps than the random offering?
If it is, could someone kindly recommend the quantities, brand types, values, positions on the circuit and possible suppliers? Cricklewood Electronics is one I have in mind.

I indent installing a bluetooth receiver and swapping the speakers connectors for binding posts as the only modifications, but am open to any other suggestions, mod/upgrade that may be desirable.

The amp, one of the first ones I have owned, will either partner a Celestion SL6 or Yamaha NS 30x, just to restart my listening to music again, after a 4 years lifestyle enforced hiatus.

So to close by way of introduction, or confession, I am, erm, a HiFi voyeur or perhaps more politely, a vicarious observer of this site for, perhaps, more than a decade but haven't really bodged anything yet. The possibility of a cure is fast dissipating, even though I had, awhile ago, bought Hacker's amp and B4 boards but they, along with a host of other noteworthy HiFi equipment, are languishing in a shed deteriorating; much like myself I suppose -how depressing!

So help please; your suggestion for a cure for the Rogers above will be greatly appreciated.
Many thanks

You have also started two identical threads....[/QUOTE

I do apologise and am mystified how I managed to post the unedited draft. I will find out how to remove it if I can.

Thank you for your kind response to it earlier, where you suggest that instead of repairing the amp, buy a second hand one for about £50. I am deliberating whether to pursue this option or continue with the technician's repair, given that he is only charging £50 plus parts, which might be a comparative price, when postage cost of a purchased one is factored in.

The objective was to recreate the convenience of listening to music, at some level once again, by the instillation of a Bluetooth operations, in the inconsequential Rogers.

I also draw the inference that while not dismissing the Rogers, a costly repair and exotic caps may not be worthwhile
Thanks once again

advertisement

Back