advertisement

Rogers Ravensbourne 1973 35w + 35W

KennethM

The official Rogers Ravensbourne 1973 Stated "with an overall performance placing it amonst the very best amplifiers available to-day" ..... absolutely no two ways about that, an excellent amp, warm smooth, musical, ranks up there with Quad Leak Stereo 70, seems more power than the Stereo 70. the Case allaround little larger than Leak Stereo 70.

Rogers Ravensbourne 1973 35w+35W 8ohms in its sixth year of production are slightly different from the orignal 1967-1968 versions not renamed 2 MKII MK2 etc, front panel the 6-9 Khz filter markings differ , Vol slope Bass Treble Balance knobs differ, the headphone socket was changed from 5-pin din to 1/4" Stereo socket earlier versions rear the speaker panel connectors differed were marked 8/15 ohm. 1973 models 4/15 din connector ohm.

Originally early models were advertised at 25w+25W 8 ohms. Harmonic distortion low for the day like Leak and Quad at .06% @ 15 ohm .1% @ 8 ohm.

i prefer my Ravensbourne to my 4 Stereo 70 and Leak Delta 70. and my old Quad 33/303 . These amps are all good. imo BS about new amps being better, there are good and bad with every age. Good sound is good sound nothing changes, the same is true for music and instruments. An old 50s Steinway Grand piano in good shape still sounds superb.

Yes newer input/output connectors nowadays can make life easier. Re Ravensboune its worth rememering Rogers were certainly good at producing great valve amps and speakers too. The later Rogers Pantera A75 A100 were all good amps.Ravensbourne is a hansome pretty looking amp. I see the new Leak Stereo 130 also has the wooden case look. Personally I like the look of wood. in Amps Speakers TT etc ,

You have to dig deep to find info Ravensbourne being 35W + 35W. I suspect many compared the earlier versions to Leak and Quad, if they heard the last 1973 incarnation they would be quite surprised. in uping power Rogers must have changed a few parts???

advertisement

Back