Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rogers Ls3/6

Discussion in 'classic' started by anderson4209, Sep 15, 2022.

1. canonman

canonman pfm Member

I can't see those

2. anderson4209

anderson4209 pfm Member

3. canonman

canonman pfm Member

4. calorgas

calorgas Generic middle-aged man

This page has a bit of history about the LS3/6 and subsequent Export Monitor and Studio 1, might be worth a read. Being a previous and now current owner I always wanted it to expand upon the Studio 1 as it hints at the mid/bass used as being considered (by Rogers) as an overall improvement on the one in the LS3/6, but the page hasn't been updated in years so I think that's all the info there's ever gonna be.

Also I stumbled across this thread on vintage-audio.net about the difficulty of finding replacements for the LS3/6 mid/bass unit, with a few contributions from Mark Hennessey.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2022
  5. anderson4209

anderson4209 pfm Member

Hi i think the best replacement bass unit for the ls3/6 is the Richard Allan HP8B these have the same chassis as the original bass unit, and i think they sound sweeter in the midrange than the dalesford.

6. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

I should be careful if I were you, Peter.

7. anderson4209

anderson4209 pfm Member

Sorry Martyn what do you mean be carefull, not sure what you mean.

8. Martyn Miles

Martyn Miles pfm Member

What I’m attempting to say, Peter, is you’re asking advice about an old pair of speakers which had issues ( power handling ) even when new.
    Now they are old you should be very careful about buying them.

I have an old pair of Spendor BC1s, which don’t handle much power so I treat them very carefully.

You appear to have been given some good advice in this thread, so take it on board.
    No-one can choose speakers for you...

9. anderson4209

anderson4209 pfm Member

Hi thanks for all the advice, i wont be buying the speakers as Martyn said they have had problems and its a lot of money for something
    that could give me trouble in the future.