advertisement

Roe vs Wade overturned

I'm pro life, there will always be exceptions but "people" need to take responsibility for their actions. There are plenty who want to adopt & refusing the right of someone to live out of pure selfishness is not on my agenda.
But there is already a lot of unwanted children who can be adopted.

At the same time, why would grown women be required to carry pregnancies to term in order to increase the supply of babies for other people?

That is the very definition of slavery.

Exceptions would be rape, the grooming of a minor leading to rape etc....

The morning after pill is not something i personally believe in if consensual sex has been carried out.
Ahh, the "grooming" accusation - it's the new Republican meme.

Are Democrats "groomers" and "pedophiles?"

Many of you political colleagues think so. Do you?

I respect that point of view, but by definition, they're not babies until they're born. This is the imposition of Roman Catholic doctrine on an entire country, and it is purely for political purposes. I realise that Jews are in a minority in the USA, but in Judaism a baby is not a person until it draws its first breath. So Jewish religious freedom is being curtailed.

And, as others have pointed out, once the little dears arrive, the GOP couldn't care a fig about them. They are there only to provide target practice for people with AR-15s.

My personal view on abortion is very simple - if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one, but leave everyone else alone.
Actually, the rabbinical view of fetal personhood is that it's only achieved after completion of medical, law or business schools.

:)

Also, if no one else has noted it yet, a baby isn't a baby until it's born, that is literally the definition of baby. Therefore no babies are killed by abortions. If your scientific knowledge is really that poor, you probably shouldn't express an opinion on anything.

I feel that if someone has made a conscious decision to take part in an exercise which could lead to pregnancy, they should take responsibility for their actions, regardless of selfish wants & needs. If cells are growing inside a womb, it's the potential for a human being to be born & live a fulfilled life. How does anyone have the right to deny this.
People make conscious decisions to engage in activities that can result in a range of consequences, many undesirable.

I think that you do that, like everyone else.

Do you deny yourself an opportunity to correct the undesirable consequence of your actions? Or do you just say "oh well, I can't do anything about that?"

Martin, its having 2 Senators per State which gives the Right so much power in the first place. If it was by by population the GOP wouldn’t have to lean on the southern states so heavily so this may never have arisen. Tbf PR Voting would probably be needed as the GOP as stands would never get in.
Excuse me if I’m incorrect, sitting at home with day 3 COVID has addled me somewhat!

There are two legislative chambers. The Senate has two per state, but the House of Representatives is proportional to population. This was a compromise to get all the original 13 Colonies to sign the Constitution back in the 18th Century.

I disagree with abortion when down to selfish reasons. There are plenty of people who want to adopt children because they are unable to conceive. Instead of regretting after the fact, don't do the act if you are too irresponsible to take responsibility for your actions or at the very least give birth & let someone desperate for a child, bring up this child.
So basically don't **** unless you want a baby?

fb_img_1656108065395-jpg.178198

Some of the hate directed at Sen Louise Lucas leaves little doubt where things are/where they are headed (Twitter). Welcome to post-Trump America. I hate to think what is coming.

If you agree with the decision of the Supreme Court, imagine that your daughter or granddaughter or even your wife is raped, do you think your opinion may change?

I'm pro life, there will always be exceptions but "people" need to take responsibility for their actions. There are plenty who want to adopt & refusing the right of someone to live out of pure selfishness is not on my agenda.

Be honest - when you were 17 - 22, did you or a partner never have a pregnancy scare? I bet most people do, and a large share will sort it with a morning after pill. But if you’re too late or it doesn’t work, do you really believe people should be forced to have children that they don’t want, and they aren’t ready for? This spells the worst outcome for the child and the parents.

Actually, the rabbinical view of fetal personhood is that it's only achieved after completion of medical, law or business schools.

:)

Actually a bit sooner...one week after birth... otherwise by your definition ..I didn't make it to fetal personhood as I did history and became a teacher. ;)

From what I understand, emergency contraception (morning after pill or copper uid) are not considered abortion by law. They are both highly effective. I only mention this is as it has some bearing on the rape situation.

advertisement

Back