advertisement

Roe V Wade overturned?

Weak will do just fine - I think sleepy is ageist where as weak refers to his lack of majority and the failure of the Democrats to control the Senate over a long period.
This weakness of which you speak is not a personal failing. Repeating the right's personal insult on this basis is to help them in their project to defeat Biden.

This weakness of which you speak is not a personal failing. Repeating the right's personal insult on this basis is to help them in their project to defeat Biden.

It's not personal in the sesnse that the Democrats put him there, but he's shite, let's face it.

I have no issue with American Christian evangelicals living by their own absurd backward beliefs as long as they aren’t actually raping children, shooting up schools etc. They have however absolutely zero right to impose their ideological bigotry on others who view their religion as bullshit. I’m no constitutional scholar, but I thought the state and church in America were intended to be entirely separate? They certainly have no right to erase the entire 20th century civil rights movement. Screw that!

Seeing as jesus said love your neighbour as yourself , anyone who commits these vile acts of murder as highlighted in that dreadful history of crimes against medics is not acting as a christian

As 1 john 4 v7 says dear friends let us continue to love another , for love comes from God .Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God . But anyone who does not love does not know God

By your fruits shall you know them , shooting folks is a sign they Do not know Gods love in them

Lots of European democracies looked at campaign spending and decided enough was enough and have at least attempted to limit it. SCOTUS shot down the one attempt to accomplish this within the US political system. Took awhile after they negated ? McCain/Feingold for their decision to really bear fruit. So years later -decades of "the gov't only makes things worse" propaganda ( and a run of truly amazing appointees to run agencies like FEMA) and we move on to spending billions of dollars over the next couple of decades offering the US electorate only two well defined "choices" to vote against. We either can abhor and vote against : a.) the baby killing gun grabbing godless communists or maybe we are even more afraid of the b.) racist homophobic fundamentalist fascists ? And of course -this goes a long way to explaining why so many of my fellow citizens don't ever vote and presumably are happy to be ruled ? The GOP's very wealthy investors have played the long game and their commitment has paid off. I do wonder what form of government they prefer since direct election (or something like that) has been such a disappointment ? I do think that a person who believes in baby murder WILL vote for the party that acts on that belief. It really does not bother the pro-gun/anti-abortion bunch if most of their fellow citizens don't agree with them -they got god on their side.

Seeing as jesus said love your neighbour as yourself , anyone who commits these vile acts of murder as highlighted in that dreadful history of crimes against medics is not acting as a christian

As 1 john 4 v7 says dear friends let us continue to love another , for love comes from God .Anyone who loves is a child of God and knows God . But anyone who does not love does not know God

By your fruits shall you know them , shooting folks is a sign they Do not know Gods love in them

So where do you stand on the abortion issue?

Pro-Life Republicans be like, life is sacred man, as long as you can pay for medical treatment, now pass me that munitions brochure.

Yes, it does puzzle many of us as to why they want to ban reproductive rights before they ban assault rifles. To my mind it’s purely a religious Taliban thing. A room full of white men stopping just short of taking women’s votes away and forcing them to wear veils. Just the same mindset and misogyny.

To my mind it’s purely a religious Taliban thing. A room full of white men stopping just short of taking women’s votes away and forcing them to wear veils. Just the same mindset and misogyny.

In this case it’s more extreme. In Afghanistan under the Taliban abortion is permitted if the woman’s life is in danger, which doesn’t seem to be acceptable grounds in Louisiana.

The mysogogy on blatant display when Rep Mark Gaetz described female abortion activists as 'overeducated and underloved.' Beau of the Fifth discusses:

The over-educated thing was bizarre even by Gaetz standards. Also shouldn't he have been indicted by now?

So where do you stand on the abortion issue?

i never forget a scene from call of the midwife .. they had been called to a young girl who half killed herself with a knitting needle trying to abort a baby . if we ban abortion completely thats what happens . mums die of sepsis . its a very tricky subject and been in many debates . i know some wonderful wonderful downs children , and i sometimes think that wonderful child could have been aborted but she is here . there are no easy answers . but yes i feel mums should have a choice to avoid back street death

one of these lovely children is here

advertisement

Back