advertisement

Rockwell’s worst selection yet?

Tony,

His pictures aren't that bad. Granted, they could be more saturated, but I'm certain his understated, subtle hues are an artistic decision.

Joe

Joe,

As much as I take the mick, usually there are some photos from his tours that at least make me stop and look. I just scrolled through them, then scrolled through them again checking I wasn't mistaken.

I wasn't.

One or two look okay to me. Most make me think "why?"

I don't usually like most very long exposure flowing water shots, I prefer something more subtle.

Last edited:
Met him a couple years back at a photography club meeting as he used to live locally. A very nice guy who was trying to get the membership to stop worrying about their next camera and concentrate on using good technique with what they had. The membership much like their audio brethren were having nothing to do with it. What camera should I buy?

He’s quite in demand for commercial photography which may explain some of his style.

I thought they looked ok to me, I'd be happy to call any of them my own...

Same here. A couple of the B/W running water long exposures were a bit old hat, but I thought the rest were rather good.

Given his audio reviewing side, I'm surprised that Tony L claims never to have heard of him.o_O

I really like some of them - the two pine trees, El Capitain reflected in Merced (iPhone XS - wow), the barn and the railings. Others look plain weird particularly the hyper- greens, and odd white balance. I don't like the artificial B&W look in some of them either.

Anyway even I can manage a half decent landscape shot there... This from several years ago, without a lot of thought. I'd love to go back.

Nikon D80 / Nikon 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5 Yosemite_1_01 by Ian123_running, on Flickr

Right, found one. This was with a canon Powershot A5, which was my first digital camera. Yikes it's bad:

FilmB0074 by Cesare Ferrari, on Flickr

This was May 1999, I guess i'd bought the camera in '98, and I think I also had a pocket Olympus film camera with me, but I can't remember which model. I'll see if i've got some film negatives from the trip as i'm sure they will be much better!

advertisement

Back