advertisement

Robovacs

I’d love one as my wife is a hoover addict and does it twice a day (4 kids it is necessary!!) But we have loads of rugs, and they tend to destroy rugs, so that’s that.

I’d love one as my wife is a hoover addict and does it twice a day (4 kids it is necessary!!) But we have loads of rugs, and they tend to destroy rugs, so that’s that.

Do they? Maybe if you set them to run too frequently? Does manual hovering not do same damage? I just tried a second clean in same room - 22mins instead of 30, and only 2 “dirt events”. I’d originally set the app to do a clean every day, I think I’ll back that off now - when I’m here by myself it’s pretty clean, when my daughters arrive at the weekend with their zoo of pets I need something a bit more intensive :)

Very impressed with the iRobot, my pal Hoover Bot!

Ours is Boris.

H

Ours runs overnight every night at 3am.

We’re not great at housework (both work 45 plus hours) and hovering was a “when it looks like it needs it” thing.

Our oatmeal carpet looks a lot cleaner now that Robbie* has had at it for four months.

*they’re all called Robbie, right?

Do they?

Very impressed with the iRobot, my pal Hoover Bot!

Depends what model
You have, but the one thing that ruins rugs is a rotating brush.. just about okay on the main pile of a rug, but when it’s gets to the ends and sides of a good Persian rug, modern hoovers are just too powerful and start to pull at the selvedges and fringes, which then starts to pull at the foundation and pull them to bits. Manually hoovering you’ll know not to hoover the sides and fringes, but a robot doesn’t know this.. The best treatment for a rug if you must use mechanical hoovers is just a vacuum, so if any have just this, rather than a rotating brush I’d love to know as I’ll investigate myself.

The best thing for rug care is a carpet beater and a washing line.

Depends what model
You have, but the one thing that ruins rugs is a rotating brush.. just about okay on the main pile of a rug, but when it’s gets to the ends and sides of a good Persian rug, modern hoovers are just too powerful and start to pull at the selvedges and fringes, which then starts to pull at the foundation and pull them to bits. Manually hoovering you’ll know not to hoover the sides and fringes, but a robot doesn’t know this.. The best treatment for a rug if you must use mechanical hoovers is just a vacuum, so if any have just this, rather than a rotating brush I’d love to know as I’ll investigate myself.

The best thing for rug care is a carpet beater and a washing line.

Our George is a cylinder cleaner without a rotating brush. It’s also the only vacuum we’ve had that has survived on our uneven stone floors for any significant length of time.

Our George is a cylinder cleaner without a rotating brush. It’s also the only vacuum we’ve had that has survived on our uneven stone floors for any significant length of time.

Yep, we use George and his smaller sibling Henry at work.

advertisement

Back