advertisement

Robovacs

we had a Eufy, sent it back when it repeatedly failed to go from hard floor to rug

What did the cats think of it?

they weren't interested or bothered. To be honest it got so little use as it wouldn't go from hard floor to rug, it didn't get much time or use.

I've seen a Roomba in our experimental robot house we have, and it seems to do better. We didnt bother replacing the Eufy when we sent it back.

I am waiting for one that will autonomously climb and vac the stairs

Have got 2x Roombas, one for downstairs and one for upstairs. Just waiting for them to come up with one that will do the stairs and skirting boards now.

they weren't interested or bothered. To be honest it got so little use as it wouldn't go from hard floor to rug, it didn't get much time or use.

I've seen a Roomba in our experimental robot house we have, and it seems to do better. We didnt bother replacing the Eufy when we sent it back.

I am waiting for one that will autonomously climb and vac the stairs
My dog just bit it.

We have a Neato which works fine but is a bit temperamental. It gets the hump with dining room chairs. They are great if you have an uncluttered house and you can be arsed to move all wiring out of the way and anything else that it can get stuck on. They all have very small dirt bins and need regular filter and sensor cleans. Ours is called Brian.

I tried an el-cheap one, but it got regularly stuck trying to climb over feet of sofa and armchair. Plus it’s algorithm seemed a little dim witted - are the more expensive ones better?

If you have a dog make sure it's house trained, the last thing you want is your robovac running over a turd and redecorating your house in a nice shade of brown whilst you're out.

I tried an el-cheap one, but it got regularly stuck trying to climb over feet of sofa and armchair. Plus it’s algorithm seemed a little dim witted - are the more expensive ones better?
The Eufy I have is good at climbing ledges and stuff but does like crashing into the skirting boards. No matter, the floor is nice and clean afterwards.

I have a cheap one, good on flat smooth floors, cant do carpet or rough floors. Good in hallway, kitchen, bathroom.

The Eufy I have is good at climbing ledges and stuff but does like crashing into the skirting boards. No matter, the floor is nice and clean afterwards.

What model Eufy please? Their better ones can manage 16mm lips...off to check my furniture :)

advertisement

Back