advertisement

Ro D-dur @ 2147484 kb/s Ogg Vorbis - Comments?

Craig B

Re:trophile
Some boffin has managed to shoehorn an entire symphony orchestra into my laptop.

Give it a go and share your thoughts.

Me? I'm feeling somewhat emotional now that internet streaming has finally surpassed the level that my beloved CBC Radio 2 was at 45 years ago when I first braved the climb up dear old Dad's telly antenna tower in order to bypass the FM trap.

Not that we managed to pick up Czechoslovakia from Southwestern Ontario, mind.

http://www.rozhlas.cz/audio/download/ddur_maxogg.m3u

I'm trying to work out what this is about from the bits of your post that appear to be written in English, so bear with me.

You have found a music stream, online, that delivers at 2 *giga* bps? Really? It sounds good. This bit I'm not surprised at.

How do you do this with a connection doing 5 megabits ps?

It's 224 kb/s give or take because it seems to have a variable bit rate. Perhaps that is what's confusing your media player.

Regards,
Nick

Thanks Nick,

There was a bit of a touch keyboard suggestive text typo in the tread title with no apparent way to correct post posting, as it were.

Like one of those unfortunate e-mails to the boss were one apologizes for not making it into work today due to being in bed with a bad clown!

Cheers,
Craig

Alas, it's all new to me.

Your FLAC link above is displaying an average of circa 474kb/s via MPC-HC this evening.

I've just now switched my audio card to 48KHz and it is like I've just replaced all of my mains leads with...just kidding.

Is watching the average vs. current bit rate a bit like staring at the VU meters on ones amp?

If so, I'm getting my anorak spectacles on!

Currently 519kb/s average with a 1099kb/s max peak - the latter a big arsed crescendo.

Craig, I never knew that MPC-HC would play the ČRo D-dur FLAC stream.

Out of curiosity I tried it. If I query MPC-HC via File, Properties it displays the following, unwaveringly, I might add.

Audio: FLAC (framed) 48000Hz stereo 1536kbps [A: flac, 48000 Hz, stereo, s16]

Try enabling the View, Statistics option.

I suspect that via File, Properties the app presents the streams absolute max value as a static number.

Cheers,
Craig

advertisement

Back