Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Ripped off by gov approved covid test company

Discussion in 'off topic' started by richardg, May 10, 2021.

1. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

I was forced to buy a 2 day and 8 day kit from a supplier on the yougov list of suppliers in order to get a reference number to put in my traveller locator form.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/provide...oronavirus-testing-for-international-arrivals
    https://www.gov.uk/provide-journey-contact-details-before-travel-uk

It cost 180 quid. it did not arrive. So I was unable to follow the law.

The company does not answer the phone or respond to emails. Their facebook group has a few other people complaining about it here: https://www.facebook.com/BiogroupUK

I've written to yougov, Radio 4, The Guardian, The Independent, The Times, my Hull MP and Citizens Advice.

Nothing so far. I paid by debit card so can't even claim undelivered goods, or can I?

Is my next move the police?

2. Vinny

Vinny pfm Member

Paying by cedit card is the ultimate saviour.
    If there is any kind of breach of contract, which this apears to be, you can claim against the card, under UK law.

3. lordsummit

lordsummit Moderator

Undelivered goods on a debit card can be refunded by a chargeback. Certainly British banks will do that for you.

4. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

OK, many thanks.

I'm more frustrated than usual as they are approved by the crock of shite government,

5. Bob McC

Bob McC Living the life of Riley

This.
    Of course if it’s not a British bank charge back does not apply in the EU on debit cards.

6. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Since I am investigating visiting family in the UK this summer (for the first time in 2 years) I also checkout out the government approved PCR test labs - what a rip off. No doubt Tory donors. I can get a PCR COVID test here in the US, epicenter of rip-off medicine for $80. Why then are the UK PCR providers charging £200 ? I think we know why.

I also wondered what would happen if the mailers don't show up. Net result - I almost certainly won't visit the UK unless the US is added to the green list of countries (or some sort of reciprocal vaccine passport with the US sorted out).

7. Bob McC

It’s an absolute farce.
    Some airlines are offering subsidised testing, but they are all postal set ups.
    They will be completely over run.
    Unless you are happy playing brinkmanship you’ll have to use private clinics or private drive in centres.

8. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

I'll be double vaccinated next time I travel and will think about using fake covid tests to get in and out of the UK. The certificates are shitty little photocopies and each officer just looks blankly at it for about a minute and then hands it back to me. They are all different in design as well. They could not even verify by calling the pharmacies as they are normally closed when I cross.

I've completely had enough of it. I've probably flushed a grand down the toilet on covid tests. This last one was a real pop on the nose, backed by Johnson and his party of cheats. Wouldn't surprise me if Biogroup was a start-up of a mate of his.

9. davidsrsb

davidsrsb pfm Member

What a rip off!
    You can get a reputable home PCR test for £55 in Malaysia, they come to you.
    Drive through is from £45

10. Snufkin

Snufkin pfm Member

With a bit of luck they will arrest Boris.

MikeMA likes this.
  11. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Nah, he's a larf old Boris. What a character, eees one of us! That's why those stuffy people obsessed with 'integrity' or being honest don't like him. So he can't keep it in 'is trousers and is on the take, so what?

Who wants a boring PM who won't constantly break his word, lie about what he's doing or line his own pockets? Shows initiative that.

Good old Boris, salt of the working classes, he's only doing what we would all do etc.....cont p94.

Last edited: May 11, 2021
    Wolfmancatsup, stuwils and Snufkin like this.
  12. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Reply from Diana Johnson

Dear Richard,

On behalf of Diana johnson MP, thank you for your email below, sorry to hear about your experience. Diana is in meetings but has read your email and shares your concerns.

Are you happy for Diana to share your details and experience with Nadhim Zahawi MP, Minister for COVID Vaccine Deployment?

Thank you for confirming,

Best Regards,

Chloe Hart

Constituency Support Assistant

Rt Hon Dame Diana Johnson DBE MP

Labour Member of Parliament for Kingston upon Hull North

13. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

14. robs

robs should know how this works by no

My uncle had exact same experience about a month ago. Paid, then simply nothing happened, and the supposed supplier couldn't be reached. He paid by credit card though so claimed it back.

15. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

Complete bullshit. In any functioning country the tests would be handed out or administered at passport control, and would be charged at cost so as not to discourage travel. I strongly suspect it's another Tory money-for-mates scandal in the making.

16. Bob McC

Completely unworkable.
    Good luck controlling the ensuing fracas when you turn tested positive people away at passport control.

17. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

Hardly anyone tests positive though. It will be isolated moments of madness followed by hours of calm. I've seen it at all the ferry terminals, it's already happening .

18. Bob McC

Are those ferry terminals running passenger services yet?

19. sean99

sean99 pfm Member

The test would be handed out / administered after passport control and test results would come a minimum of 24 hours later - in no way would it jam up passport control.

20. richardg

richardg Admonishtrator

What is that exactly? It seems there is a normal cross section of people, a few trucks, a few cars, probably all workers and expats though. Dogs also, as I take mine every time and see other dogs in the kennel on Hull to Rotterdam.