advertisement

RIP Karl Wallinger

Very sad. I was only talking with a friend yesterday about his album Goodbye Jumbo and how good it is.

Goodbye Karl

Time for a world party to celebrate his music?
He made a lot of the music that was a part of me and my wife getting together.
So sad.

A really sad loss, he made so much great music. His passing prompted me to play Goodbye Jumbo, I'd forgotten just how good it is.
RIP Karl.

What a tragedy, he made some brilliant music. All his albums were excellent, Goodbye Jumbo especially was an absolute classic. Saw World Party live a few times as well. A great loss to music, RIP.

Saw World Party live on the “Bang!” Tour - fantastic gig at the Aberdeen Capitol. His band included one of the guitarists from XTC ( not Andy P) and they played what seemed like a completely impromptu version of Ticket to Ride.

Also notable for the support act - the fantastic Aimee Mann touring her first solo album - Whatever.

I know he had been unwell following a brain aneurysm but I had understood he was back making music…he was such an inventive songwriter - Put the Message In the Box, Is it like today? She’s the One……

much too young….

Saw World Party live on the “Bang!” Tour - fantastic gig at the Aberdeen Capitol. His band included one of the guitarists from XTC ( not Andy P) and they played what seemed like a completely impromptu version of Ticket to Ride.

Also notable for the support act - the fantastic Aimee Mann touring her first solo album - Whatever.

I know he had been unwell following a brain aneurysm but I had understood he was back making music…he was such an inventive songwriter - Put the Message In the Box, Is it like today? She’s the One……

much too young….
I guess I saw the same tour as Aimee Mann was the support, my gig was in Camden, London, and it seemed that a fantastic evening was had by all, including everyone on stage.

advertisement

Back