Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

RIP John Miles

Discussion in 'music' started by Progmeister, Dec 6, 2021.

1. Progmeister

Progmeister The Progmeister

I am very sad to hear that North East Music legend John Miles has passed away following a short illness. A very sad day indeed. Music will live on forever as one of the greatest pieces ever recorded. RIP John Miles.

DipsyDave, irons1965, koi and 2 others like this.
  2. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Yes - very sad news came to my attention a couple of hours ago. I always had a soft spot for his voice.

3. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

OH No !!!
    Saw him live at Liverpool...great guy and great music.

4. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

Making my way through Stranger in the City now - quite uplifting!

5. Nigel

Nigel pfm Member

Sad. RIP.

6. SteveS1

SteveS1 I heard that, pardon?

Sad news, Rebel is a nice album that has never been far from my playlist. RIP.

julifriend likes this.
  7. Arkless Electronics

Arkless Electronics Trade: Amp design and repairs.

I thought he was a yank.... from Durham apparently. Only know "Music" but it's a great song. RIP

8. Brits

Brits pfm Member

Yes very sad news. Another great musician leaves us much too soon. Enjoying Stranger in The City as I write this. RIP

9. Bairnstorm

Bairnstorm pfm Member

I think he was from Jarrow. Sat down and played Rebel yesterday. Great album. RIP.

10. Progmeister

Progmeister The Progmeister

No Jez. He was from Jarrow originally. He hung out with some of the Roxy Music boys. I have met him a couple of times and found him to be a really sweet human being.

Arkless Electronics likes this.
  11. Fuller

Fuller pfm Member

Remember seeing a concert by JM on the BBC Sight and Sound in Concert in 1978 and buying Zaragon when it was released.
    Never heard anything else by him though, but enjoyed his single Music back in the day.
    RIP John.

12. DipsyDave

DipsyDave pfm Member

RIP John Miles. Saw him live at Hemel Hempstead back in the day.
    Rebel is a great album, Stranger In The City pretty good as well. Occupied that not-quite-pop, not-quite-rock area that was a part of things after prog rock had peaked, and just before the advent of punk. Melodic, well-crafted and played. See also Badfinger, 10CC, Pilot.

13. JensenHealey

JensenHealey pfm Member

I have been playing some of his Alan Parsons stuff….he did quite a bit.