advertisement

RIP Dusty Hill

RiP Dusty, I'm so glad I got the opportunity to see them a few years back. Like you I'm a big fan of the earlier stuff though I thought La Futura was a return to form.

Great band saw them headline at Donnington monsters of rock, ten foot pole classic stand out. RIP

I also saw them at Donington, 1985 if I remember correctly, best band I ever saw, or are ever likely to see. Even flew the Eliminator Ford round the park under a helicopter. Brilliant. Irreplaceable.

I literally just listened to Tres Hombres before I heard the news. RIP.

Supremely talented musicians and a great loss.

I can see the point about the early albums but have recently realised that later material is also very good if a bit different. For example "Sleeping Bag" from Afterburner, and that album as a whole is imo overlooked, certainly by me for many years. Eliminator is a brilliant piece of music, that is album 8. Maybe it is too much of a guilty pleasure? Recycler is also good.
My top 3 albums would be Rio Grande Mud, Tres Hombres and Eliminator.
Album 4, Fandango, is imo not great but it does have Tush.

From what I heard, Dusty Hill & Frank Beard didn't have much involvement with the Eliminator and Afterburner albums - they were basically Billy Gibbons solo works with synths & drum machine. No disrespect to Dusty Hill though, RIP.

advertisement

Back