advertisement

Rice and Mice

Late night pic with flash... cold light of day reveals mouldy mouse, with tones of cooked flesh. Delish!
It's not cooked. If it were it wouldn't be going so rampantly mouldy. I'm very intrigued as to how this has happened. I would want to be phosphatasing that mouse so I knew whether it had seen a heat process. Dunno about mouse, I smell something fishy!

It's not cooked. If it were it wouldn't be going so rampantly mouldy. I'm very intrigued as to how this has happened. I would want to be phosphatasing that mouse so I knew whether it had seen a heat process. Dunno about mouse, I smell something fishy!

Well the damn thing got steamed for 2 mins with the rice, does that count?

No, I mean pre packing. Note that the rest of it isn't mouldy, so the mouse hasn't been processed with everything else. It looks like a malicious contamination to me.

No, I mean pre packing. Note that the rest of it isn't mouldy, so the mouse hasn't been processed with everything else. It looks like a malicious contamination to me.

Oh lordy. That's not good. That said, the rice is liberally coated with vegetable oil to prevent clagging, would that give some mould resistance?

Many decades ago I had a summer job at the local pop factory and a friend put a small frog in one of the bottles. It seemed funny at the time.

I've had something similar in a rice pouch from Tesco-it looked like a big clump of mouldy/hair and veg matter all squashed together. Delicious.

We used to put free gifts in bags of potatoes on the grader; usually items of clothing that someone had put down or their lunch.

Soon learnt to keep an eye on my baggage.

I’m reliably informed there is more gob in a tin of strawberries than strawberries.

I was approached by Sainsbury to restore a Beatles first edition cover that someone had spilt orange juice over and blamed their poor carton manufacture. We agreed that they would send it for appraisal whereupon, instead of flat packing, they rolled it so tight it was utterly unrestorable.

On cats, my dad’s Burmese ate only coffee grinds and cigar ash. He had a suitably decadent if short life.

Oh I don't know.... Dice is partial to some odd flavours by cat standards.... Honeydew melon, muesli and vindaloo curry!

I was house sitting a year or so ago, and I gave the feline lady of the manor a little of the lamb Rogan Josh I'd made. She spent the next few hours walking around staring at things and generally looking as if she was tripping on acid.
I was a little worried I'd done her no good but other than that it was funny as hell.

Dear Mr Puppy

Here at Yumyum Microwaveable Pouches we endeavour to give our customers a fulfilling gastro-experience. Our quality control has been certified as ‘excellent’ and can usually be relied upon to filter out most small creatures. However, we are sorry to hear that on this occasion you feel it has not proved satisfactory. Please be assured that we are determined to reach out to our customers and have already taken on board your concerns. We hope that you will continue to enjoy the full Yumyum range - more succulent pouches are added to it regularly, so be sure to check at your local supermarket, corner shop or service station!

If you wish to contact us again, please call the Yumyum hotline (calls cost £2.50 per minute) where you will be able to refresh your acquaintance with Kenny G’s greatest hit.

Sincerely

Yumyum.

You’ll probably get a case of classic taste range microwaveable rice as an apology...

Absolutely. Home Bargains have already offered "purchases to the value of £10", FEI foods have offered a voucher (undisclosed sum, undisclosed issuer). So... If I can accept, I can purchase 20 fresh pouches of "Mice 'n Rice" and... something else. Ominous.

Maybe the mouse got into the bag after the prepared rice was added?

This has to be a malicious act. Every filling process I have seen either in real life or from various "How it's Made" type TV shows have been highly automated with high speed machinery and online checks by weight, visual sensors and usually a contained vacuum or inert gas environment for the filling/sealing process. Hard to say without knowing the exact method, maybe steve67 can shed more light but it seems suspicious.

I shall wait for Trading standards to get involved. I hope they grind fine, because they are grinding exceedingly slow.

It's unpleasant but not as horrible as a eye in a jar of pickled onions....or a little toe in cheesy wotzits...

On cats, my dad’s Burmese ate only coffee grinds and cigar ash. He had a suitably decadent if short life.
That's funny, we had a cat that liked coffee and had a tendency to roll on and mash her face onto fag butts. For a cat that was found as a kitten covered in shit in a shoe box in Derby, she lived a long and happy life.

advertisement

Back