advertisement

Ribbon connector on TV PCB, how to disconnect...

cj66

pfm Member
I've opened up our 49" Tosh 49L3650 with a no picture but has sound problem.

I wanted to remove the main board to check for dry joints etc. but have come across ribbon connectors I don't recognise.

In the close up picture you see the connectors in questions, the secon picture shows the entire set up. At the other end of the ribbons the connectors are obviously of the type where the top clamp bar flips up to unlock the ribbon. I just cannot see how to release the ribbon at the board end.
I had a wee gentle tug on the ribbon but it definetly feels like it's being held in place.

Does anyone know how to release these?

Oops, piccies...

S278Bof.jpg

a1huys4.jpg

It might not come off the board. Some of the film type ribbon cables are permanently attached at one end. The terminations look like removable connectors but they're not. Can't see enough to tell if that's what you have here but I wouldn't be surprised.

I just worked on a PS4 controller that had connectors that looked like this. On that type of connector, there was a tiny lever/flap that could be rotated vertically and it would unclamp the ribbon, then you could pull the ribbon out horizontally. To me it looks like the black strip could be the lever/flap, and if you lift it up then you can pull the ribbon out. The blue part on the ribbon would then be a rigid 'tab' adhered to the ribbon to prevent it from bending when pushing it into the socket.

I could totally be wrong here though!

advertisement

Back