advertisement

RF to HDMI?

onlyconnect

pfm Member
Someone with an ancient games console (80s) wants to connect it to a modern TV. Has coax TV aerial output. I should think this will work with any TV by switching it to analogue but if you wanted to convert it to HDMI you'd need some sort of tuner/demodulator gadget? These seem hard to find or I might be looking in the wrong place!

Tim

I don't think such a device exists - it would be of very poor quality if it did. A degree of hacking my be appropriate here, you'll need to find the composite video or RGB signals on the console and then pipe them into an adaptor. If you google the console and HDMI then there's a very good chance someone has already done this.

There are cheap and cheerful devices that take a scart or composite input and give a usb digital output. They were sold as VHS conversion tools for burning your old videos to dvd. They work pretty well (if you're not expecting modern quality) - with windows 10 on a modern pc. It's very niche today so prices are around £20 for an otherwise obsolete device

advertisement

Back