advertisement

Revo Supersignal clock/radio problem

Andrewxyz

pfm Member
Does anyone have any experience of troubleshooting this unit ? https://revo.co.uk/products/supersignal/

It still sounds good, but the alarm function doesn't work. It will let me program an alarm in , but then won't save it. I've done a factory reset, which didn't improve things. Autoscanning on FM isn't working either, though DAB is fine.

It looks like they were taken over & moved to Germany, so manufacturers support could be awkward (it's well out of warranty anyway).

The German owners referred me to the UK support people who say send it to us & we'll see what we can do. Please include a £24 handling charge in case we need to send the lifeless carcass back to you. Repair & parts will of course be extra. Fair enough.
It works perfectly well as a radio, and as I'm working at home I don't really need an alarm clock, but I like being woken by the dulcet tones of Petroc Trelawney without having to grope for the remote to turn it on.

I suspect a repair will be spendy (if they pay their techs properly) so may have to live with it. Bah. Nothing lasts anymore.
It was a reconditioned unit bought for £120 in 2018, I think on a recommendation from someone here.

advertisement

Back