advertisement

Returning to vinyl - which turntable?

Can one assume that your rips are 100% devoid of pitch instability issues then Sondek? When I listen to them later today, will I be struck by a newfound solidity to the music?

Thanks for all the help guys. I think I just struck a deal on a Rega P3-24 :D. Cheque sent... wait 2 weeks and the turntable should arrive. 2 weeks seems like a long time to wait but that's life (i've never yet been ripped off but I'm always happier when the goods are in my hands). Once it's in my hands I imagine I may be asking about setup and cartridges. It will go on top of a pine hifi cabinet first off but since the turntable has neither suspension nor weight to steady it I'll have to see how things go. I've also left a couple of offers on other kit and may find myself buying more than one, seeing which I prefer and then re-selling the other.
Cheers
Mike

I used mine initially with the Rega Bias 2 - worked great. The exact is meant to very very good. I went for a DV20xH after about 6 months. Very happy. Cheapish upgrades are the white belt, tungsten counterweight and the Rega TT wall shelf - all of which I found to be worthwile. Good luck.

advertisement

Back