Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Replacing an Audiolab 8000A...?

Discussion in 'audio' started by madmike, Nov 3, 2021.

1. Fatmarley

Fatmarley Agnostic

A mate had a pair, he sold them to another mate, and on both occasions they sounded slow and dull. For a long time after I assumed it was a transmission line trait until I heard some little IPL acoustics transmission lines.

2. madmike

madmike I feel much better now, I really do...

I do...I make large reel tapes from vinyl, how else do I justify having a Teac A3300S?

Big Tabs likes this.
  3. madmike

Oh dear....now you got me thinking. Most likely keep the 8000A...so what speakers would sound better then?

4. Pine Marten

Pine Marten pfm Member

I went from an early 8000A to Naim32.5/110, 30 years ago. I still use my Revox A77 and Uher CR240 to record FM Radio 3 amongst other stuff. Also have loads of tapes of LP's, John Peel, Alan Freeman etc. Oh dear, that last one dates me!

5. mercalia

mercalia pfm Member

I know you do the question was posted in general why as others have said you might struggle to find a modern amp with analogue (tape) loops. cassette and minidisc long dead - and if you do record to minidisc you would probably use a digital in/outs which some amps have esp digital preamps like the Audiolab 8200cdq. There is no modern replacement for cassette or minidisc ( reel tapes)? I suppose these days people (joe & mary bloggs) rip their cds on their computer ( even that is olde worlde) and as for LPS........the yoofs just like handling the artwork & smelling the ink. Then we have radio....

6. RoA

RoA pfm Member

That of course is my opinion only. If you like the speakers you like them.

7. madmike

Found a Sony TA F730 ES near me...looks very suitable...

8. IVELIN

IVELIN pfm Member

I have a feeling that (assuming the Sony is in good shape) this Sony will make many other amps feel dull :D

9. madmike

Its got 3 tape loops....yippee

10. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

The 8000A has three loops, too

11. madmike

Really ? How did I miss that...is the third one the video ?

12. deebster

deebster Half Man Half Biscuit

13. Zombie

Zombie pfm Member

Daaaa

14. madmike

The chap selling the Sony TA F730 ES will go down to £270 which is good but it won't fit into my cabinet, therefore Audiolab gets to stay......oh well !
    If anyone else wants the Sony its on FB marketplace

15. jobseeker

jobseeker pfm Member

I’ve got one tape loop on my Pathos Classic One - but I don’t use it