advertisement

Replacement Wing Mirrors

Vinny

pfm Member
Has anyone used the stick-on replacement mirrors, the ones that just stick onto the broken glass?

Do they reliably stick? Does the heating still work passably well?

Getting out of a very tight parking place last week, I clipped mirrors and managed to shatter the glass on mine - still useable but obviously an MOT failure. Glass only is about £8, complete assembly of glass, mount bracket and heater is around £37.

yes, they stick very well.

been a while since I used one, stayed on for a year till I sold the car...

Unable to comment about the heating facility, as that car didn't have heated mirrors

The heating element is part of the mirror 'glass' so a stick on replacement will have no such facility.

Thanks all.

Obviously a stick-on has no heater, but if the heater still functions in the cracked one, that would get warm. The limiting factor would be heat transfer old to new glass, through the adhesive and any air gap.

Definitely get a real one if you are keeping the car. At least it's just the glass. I was creeping past an industrial rubbish bin in my Discovery when the front wheel dropped into hole, the mirror came down on top of the bin. The whole mirror was left hanging by the wiring loom .

I'd go down the scrappy and see what they've got. Did that with a Primera years ago. Trouble is, these days, wing mirrors are more complicated, with heating, indicators and motors. Not forgetting the spider family who have squatting rights.

I must say £37 is a pleasant surprise- I thought the car was a write-off if the mirrors were smashed!

advertisement

Back