advertisement

Replacement Power Cable

DAVEDWACK

pfm Member
Hi Folks,

I need to replace my 1 metre length power cable which connects a Russ Andrews 6-way distribution box to the mains with a piece of 4 metre mains cable.

Russ Andrews will supply it but they want me to send their cable back to them in order for them to fit it, which I find a bit difficult to understand. I mean how difficult is it to stick a plug on 1 end and connect the block at the other end!

I will probably just go down to B & Q but I dare say some-one here could give me some advice as to where/how to buy a decent piece of Mains Cable.

Any advice much appreciated.

Cheers,

Dave

Power cables can be a bit tricky...

I had a bit of a play a couple of years ago, and wired up a couple of mega-brill plugboards. One sounded OK and one was crap.
I also made up some IEC cables (Belden, shielding, etc.), and never really came up with a winner.
I then made a Hydra which I'm still using.

I think if RA say they should wire the cable, then you could take that at face value and accept that they have done the trial & error research. (And I do believe it's trial and error, not the pseudo scientific anti-aging skin care products mumbo-jumbo.)
OTOH, I'd guess it'll cost you a pretty penny.

You probably be able to do as well yourself, but you might wish to be prepare to spend quite some time on trial and error.
Perhaps Supra cables would be a start.

Hi Paul,

Thanks for the link, the supra lorad 25 @ £11.99 per metre may be ok. Russ Andrews have actually given me a replacement price of £70.00....it's not the cost more the fact I've got to send it off and wait for it's return..I can't understand why they won't just sell me a 4 metre piece for me to connect up.

Cheers,dave

Rabbit,

Blimey, just missed out I've ordered the Supra one now, never mind and thanks for your interest. That is cheap though...tthe Supra is £12.00 per metre! and the Russ Andrews kimber is £17.50.

Cheers, dave

advertisement

Back