advertisement

Rennaisance

madmike

I feel much better now, I really do...
Well now, encouraged by Doug Helvering on his Daily Doug You Tube channel and an interview there with Annie Haslam I have dipped my proggy toes into the waters of Rennaisance.
I am beginning with the Carnegie Hall double live on the remastered cd version. Two tracks in so far.
I am impressed. A kind of folksy proggy sound without too much synth and tron. Good melodies too.
Where next I wonder?

There are really two separate versions of Renaissance so might be worth having a listen to Keith Relf's original band. From memory the first band sort of melted away and then reformed with no original members and became really quite big. I might of course have that wrong.

This site contains affiliate links for which pink fish media may be compensated.
Well now, encouraged by Doug Helvering on his Daily Doug You Tube channel and an interview there with Annie Haslam I have dipped my proggy toes into the waters of Rennaisance.
I am beginning with the Carnegie Hall double live on the remastered cd version. Two tracks in so far.
I am impressed. A kind of folksy proggy sound without too much synth and tron. Good melodies too.
Where next I wonder?

If you like the proggier / symphonic stuff, "Scheherazade and Other Stories" or "Turn of the Cards".

If you like the folkier aspect, "Ashes are Burning".

If you like "Northern Lights" then "A Song for All Seasons".

There were two albums with Keith / Jane Relf "Renaissance" and "Illusion" which were a bit different ("Illusion" never got a UK release at the time). They reformed in the mid 70s as Illusion and the album "Out of the Mist" is OK.

Here's that earlier lineup -

And Illusion

advertisement

Back