advertisement

Remote input selector box.

wylton

Naim and Mana member
I mentioned in the other room, that I have been struggling with an inadequate number of inputs on my pre-amp. This has been partly solved by purchasing a NAC32.5, which has 5 x inputs, but I am going ahead with an input expander too.

I have a Naim CB half-width chassis and case, which was a NAC42.5 in a previous life. It has 3 x din sockets, 2 x RCA and an output socket. At the moment, I am using it to switch between the Lenco and Michell so that they can share the same mc card in the 32.5, but it will make an excellent input expander.

I came across the Glasshouse channel switcher on the Hi-fi Collective site & I think that I can make use of it. It features switching for 5 x inputs, either by remote control or a chassis mounted encoder, with an 8 x segment display to show which input is selected. It has the facility for a remote controlled, motorised pot too, but I won't use that. You have to use the associated Glasshouse Remote Control board, as it powers the switcher board, but I think it would form the basis of an excellent expander & it should sound good too, because the design allows you to keep all input signal wiring as short as possible.

Last edited:
Yes ,sounds like a nice project, good luck.

(That video is pretty awful, sooper boring presentation, rubbish camera work, in and out of focus and the hifi equivalent of Blair Witch)

(That video is pretty awful, sooper boring presentation, rubbish camera work, in and out of focus and the hifi equivalent of Blair Witch)

Possibly not the best decision to use a camera man with Parkinson's ?

I wouldn't have bothered posting if I had known that it would have drawn video presentation critique & btw, the joke about Parkinson's was in very poor taste. I thought that it was a project that might have been of interest, but clearly not as it turned out.

advertisement

Back