advertisement

REL sub with Linn Kairn/LK140 set up advice needed

Thanks for all your advice as ever ..I will do that...REL did warn that using the lower sockets could introduce him and if it does then use a low level connection.

I will look for BFA screw connectors for the REL cables.

Thanks for all your advice as ever ..I will do that...REL did warn that using the lower sockets could introduce him and if it does then use a low level connection.

I will look for BFA screw connectors for the REL cables.
I can’t see why it should, the two rows of sockets are connected in parallel inside, you’ll be achieving the same thing, but neater and with less strain on the sockets. I’m sure it’ll work fine. The main reason for having stackable plugs on the REL cable is to make connection simple on amps with only one set of speaker outputs.

I can’t see why it should, the two rows of sockets are connected in parallel inside, you’ll be achieving the same thing, but neater and with less strain on the sockets. I’m sure it’ll work fine. The main reason for having stackable plugs on the REL cable is to make connection simple on amps with only one set of speaker outputs.

That is what I would have thought...anyway, I have bought a set of Chord banana/BFA plugs... they should arrive tomorrow...The main speaker output remain inverted (top row) and the REL outputt (bottom row) will be wired conventionally...red to red....Yellow to red and black to black.

Hi..Got the new BFA plugs and everything no explosions but as I have never used a sub before...not sure if mine is duff...it is very quiet even at full volume...not silent... any ideas?

advertisement

Back