advertisement

Rejoin the EU?

Any shortfall will be reduced by extra contributions from Germany (and probably one or two other net contributors), taxes and some budget cuts. A digital tax would help.
Probably. That will go down well with the current anti-establishment sentiment that seems to be rising here.

Even the pet shop owner in our building is turning. And she is a proper hippy, lives with an African dude and has a grow room in the cellar.

Probably. That will go down well with the current anti-establishment sentiment that seems to be rising here.

Even the pet shop owner in our building is turning. And she is a proper hippy, lives with an African dude and has a grow room in the cellar.

Not quite at the same level as the South Korea student riots.

Not quite at the same level as the South Korea student riots.
There is a guy at the top of our block and he was literally pissing his pants with excitement on the day becasue he had heard it was an anti-muslim riot in Stuttgart.

Zis is vhere it starts.....ja ja...zis is vhere it starts.

For those wishing to re join the EU I have a sugestion for you .

27 other member states would welcome you with open arms , So please feel free to go and join them , All the best and I wish you well in your new endeavour .

For those wishing to re join the EU I have a sugestion for you .

27 other member states would welcome you with open arms , So please feel free to go and join them , All the best and I wish you well in your new endeavour .
Hopefully exactly what Wales, NI and Scotland will be doing, as the New Uk.
Looking on as little engerland founders under the weight of brexshits.

Romania has a certain appeal for me. Everyone under 40 is working flat out driving vans for DHL etc in London, and all that is left in Romania is grumpy old people. I think I'd make a half OK grumpy old Romanian. Some of the rural countryside is stunning.

Romania has a certain appeal for me. Everyone under 40 is working flat out driving vans for DHL etc in London, and all that is left in Romania is grumpy old people. I think I'd make a half OK grumpy old Romanian. Some of the rural countryside is stunning.

I hear they're very conservative...

It will have collapsed by 2024. Hopefully.

Lets see, if the EU implodes then a mischief making Putin and an increasingly assertive China will be easier to deal with? Thats the kind of long term thinking that is utterly devoid in the tabloid mentality right wing in the UK. You would rather see the UK and the rest of Europe subservient to powers that really are malignant than one that is malignant in your imagination only. I sometimes wonder if the ERG and the newspapers are in the pay of foreign powers as they seem to act mainly in their interest as its participants are such venal scum that you could run the whole thing on a budget of tens of millions if not a lot less.

There is a guy at the top of our block and he was literally pissing his pants with excitement on the day becasue he had heard it was an anti-muslim riot in Stuttgart.

Zis is vhere it starts.....ja ja...zis is vhere it starts.

Is that typical for your neighbourhood? Has his worldview been reflected in the local election results?

Lets see, if the EU implodes then a mischief making Putin and an increasingly assertive China will be easier to deal with? Thats the kind of long term thinking that is utterly devoid in the tabloid mentality right wing in the UK. You would rather see the UK and the rest of Europe subservient to powers that really are malignant than one that is malignant in your imagination only. I sometimes wonder if the ERG and the newspapers are in the pay of foreign powers as they seem to act mainly in their interest as its participants are such venal scum that you could run the whole thing on a budget of tens of millions if not a lot less.
Absolutely. Europe represents a physical and political buffer between us and Russia. If the EU collapses in chaos, I’d expect a land-grab of the eastern accession states at the least: Lithuania, Estonia, Poland, Finland, at least would come under threat. And even if physical annexation isn’t achieved, massive economic and political mischief would be waged. Is that what rcook wants? I rather suspect he hasn’t thought it through.

One thing to bear in mind is that the UK was never really "in" the EU as other nations are because of the Euro/£. Also, the whole lengthy song-and-dance about "Brexi" has left most Europeans irritated and bored and not really caring much what the UK does or does not do. Especially after BJ's brilliant handling of the Covid crisis, the UK tends to be seen as a ship full of loose cannons that it will be better to avoid having dealings with in the future.

advertisement

Back