advertisement

Reissues of the year 2021

Seanm

pfm Member
Like most years, these days, most of my purchases in 2021 have been reissues, and like last year dominated by Blue Note. (Gonna knock that on the head in ‘22.)

Despite that my favourite reissue of the year - without thinking about it too much - is Juana Molina’s Segundo. First time I’ve heard her, despite hearing the name for years.

Also John Coltrane, A Love Supreme Live in Seattle; Sun Ra, Lanquidity; Leslie Winer, When I Hit You You’ll Feel it; Wayne Shorter, All Seeing Eye.

Anyone else?

It has been a wonderful year for reissues. Tone Poet from BN and Verve from Acoustic Sounds were almost all very high quality and thoroughly enjoyable.

J-Jazz: Deep Modern Jazz From Japan (Volume 3) was also a favorite (as were the first two compilations).

Pretty much as above - Tone Poets and Acoustic Sounds/ Verve, Sun Ra Lanquidity. The MoFi reissues of Jeff Beck’s Truth and Janis Joplin Pearl and not forgetting Spiritualized Ladies & Gentlemen………

My goldfish brain is struggling to think of what's been released this year... just realised that eleven months on I still haven't got around to getting this!

R-17047956-1611334130-1932.mpo.jpg

Anything for those of us who think that (most) Jazz is meh..? :)

I think the idea is you post something you thought was an excellent reissue this year.

Apart from Jazz In Britain, the Blue Note Classic and Tonepoet series, as well as some interesting Strata East titles I thought this was worthy of investment, despite having originals and subscription copies from back in the day:

Faust 1971-1974

https://shop.tapeterecords.com/faust-1971-1974.html

A good list of allegedly in-print analogue vinyl from Mike at In Groove. Definitely belongs here in the reissue thread as sadly he includes no new/current titles at all (e.g. anything on Gearbox, Night Dreamer etc). Very much jazz & classical reissues, dad-rock etc, but some good tips in there for sure, especially if you are a jazz fan (more than half his picks are jazz).

A good list of allegedly in-print analogue vinyl from Mike at In Groove. Definitely belongs here in the reissue thread as sadly he includes no new/current titles at all (e.g. anything on Gearbox, Night Dreamer etc). Very much jazz & classical reissues, dad-rock etc, but some good tips in there for sure, especially if you are a jazz fan (more than half his picks are jazz).

Unbelievable :D

To save you two hours of your life that you'll never get back by watching this, there is a full list in one of the replies. They're not all 'in print' either.

Unbelievable :D

To save you two hours of your life that you'll never get back by watching this, there is a full list in one of the replies. They're not all 'in print' either.

I was about 30 mins in when Tony posted this. There was a similar one from Fremer a couple of years ago. I think both were worth the effort.

advertisement

Back