advertisement

Rega wall mount no longer needed for Planar 6?

kristoffer

Danish Hi Fi NERD
Does the new plinth of the Planar 6 and up make a difference in terms of vibrations?
Right now I have my Planar 3 on a Rega wall mount. I wonder if I could place a Planar 6 on a cupboard on the floor and still get the same result?

Does the new plinth of the Planar 6 and up make a difference in terms of vibrations?
Right now I have my Planar 3 on a Rega wall mount. I wonder if I could place a Planar 6 on a cupboard on the floor and still get the same result?

I owned three different 3s in the nineties, a 9 in the noughties, and more recently a 6, an 8 and now a P10. All Rega decks benefit from (ideally) a wall mount. or failing that, as light and rigid a surface as you can muster.

Being unable to drill into the dot and dab walls in my current room, my P10 is on an original Sound Organisation table, which is as good as I can do. As I've said before, my eyes bleed when I see photos of Rega decks on sideboards, etc.

My suspicion is that the 6 would be audibly better than a 3 - but I've never directly compared a current 3 to a 6. The 6 has improvements other than the plinth material up its sleeve though - not least the aluminium sub platter and the external PSU. Honestly, a 6 with an Exact is probably all the deck many would ever need.

Why can't you put the 6 on the same wall mount as the 3?

advertisement

Back