advertisement

Rega rumours - Anything to share?

I really wish they showed the correct picture. The picture shown on their website currently is of the Mira Pre-amp. I can't wait to see this thing.

Picture can be found at uptownaudio.com follow rega link. Little grainy pic, appears to have adjustable loading via knobs on front panel.

The IOS phono stage is approx £1500 and available now. It is exclusively for MC cartridges, has transformer coupling and Class-a circuitry. There is very comprehensive loading options via front panel switching which even includes a 'HF filter' option for very bright or noisy recordings.

One to add to the list ? :cool:

The IOS stage seems rather unwieldy. Compared to a Dynavector P75, it is huge.

Reg_IOS.jpg

The Rega Ios website is under construction right now !
Seems as if there will be some new pics and info within the next 24 hours.

Regards

Rad

The Rega Ios website is under construction right now !
Seems as if there will be some new pics and info within the next 24 hours.

Regards

Rad

I've got pics and a manual on my computer but I don't know how to get them on here. :confused:

It's an age thing.:(

Perhaps there's a lot in there and the design dictates the layout ? It's the same sized box as their CD players, amps, pre's, power-amps, tuners etc.

And helps keep the <cough> cost down!

Wonder how it'll compare to Naim's Superline (same price too)

And helps keep the <cough> cost down!

If they expect it to be a low volume seller then the costs of producing a new, smaller custom case would have to be defrayed over fewer units.

Spending money on custom cases is usually a better deal on low-cost, high-volume products, where the tooling cost is defrayed over many units.

Somewhat counter-intuitive.

Plus, keeping it the standard width does make component stacking a bit easier.

The IOS stage seems rather unwieldy. Compared to a Dynavector P75, it is huge.

Reg_IOS.jpg

I have just been sent a pic of the !OS internals and I can tell you it is packed full of goodies. There's no way it could be squeezed in to a smaller box.

Dave, could you please upload some pics ?

Thanx in advance !

Regards

Rad

I have a manual detailing all the loading options etc and an external shot but being an analogue person I haven't go the first idea how to download them. I also have an internal shot showing the goodies inc matching transformers but I have been sworn to secrecy with this.:cool:

Maybe someone can help Dave with some instructions for uploading the manual ?

Any help is appreciated !

Regards

Rad

While we are discussing Rega's new gear, is there any news on when coloured plinth P3-24 turntables are going to be available again?

Going back a few pages someone mentioned resonance in the Apheta cartridge. Has anyone any leads on this.
Cheers

Whilst poking around Roy's hard drive over this morning's coffee, I stumbled upon these work-in-progress images...

Ios front view.jpg

Ios back view.jpg

As these had already been uploaded to the web server, I suspect the actual IOS page and relevant links will be along soon after someone has another go at cleaning up the original high res versions of these.

Craig

advertisement

Back