advertisement

Rega RR125 bass-mid dust cap - How to fix?

moomaloo

pfm Member
The metal dust cap from one of my Rega RS3s has worked its way loose (and actually pulls off). How do I glue it back on..?! Any particular glue? Anything to watch out for?

It’s a little odd because both the cap and whatever is behind it appear to be totally clean. No glue residue and nothing to suggest how it was fixed in the first place.

I’ve checked the cone as best I can and there’s nothing to indicate any damage there.

Thanks.

The metal dust cap from one of my Rega RS3s has worked its way loose (and actually pulls off). How do I glue it back on..?! Any particular glue? Anything to watch out for?

It’s a little odd because both the cap and whatever is behind it appear to be totally clean. No glue residue and nothing to suggest how it was fixed in the first place.

I’ve checked the cone as best I can and there’s nothing to indicate any damage there.

Thanks.

Is it not a metal phase plug on the RR125 driver? Always assumed it was just held on with the magnetic field along with a little glue.

It is a metal plug, but no obvious magnetic ‘pull’. Just wondering if I need a specific glue…

It is a metal plug, but no obvious magnetic ‘pull’. Just wondering if I need a specific glue…
I think these are aluminium, therefore none magnetic.

Best to drop Paul Darwin a PM. No doubt, he'll ask the techs that build these and get back to you asap.

advertisement

Back