advertisement

Rega RP8 and 10: balanced configuration

zadig

pfm Member
Hi,

Does anyone know if the forthcoming Rega turntables (RP8 and 10) are available for balanced configuration? Paul Darwin?

Best regards

Tobias

Hi,

Does anyone know if the forthcoming Rega turntables (RP8 and 10) are available for balanced configuration? Paul Darwin?

Best regards

Tobias

What do you mean by "balanced configuration" ? The arm cable is co-ax with phono plugs on the RP8.

A RP10 still might never happen.

Correct me if i am wrong but as i have understood it the internal wiring in previous Rega turntables has meant that it can´t be used in a fully balanced (differential) setting i.e. the possible benefits of using a balanced phono stage can´t be achieved.

Best regards

Tobias

It has nothing whatever to do with ceramic platters. The deign of their range topping turntable, which might be a RP10, is not finalised or developed and is nowhere near production stage. So it's far too early to even surmise that it will have a ceramic platter.

Zadig,

The RP8 and RP10 will not be balanced configuration.

The RP10 is still work in progress and should appear sometime 2013, the turntable that HiFiDave refers to is an uber turntable, a cost no option table, that may or may not make an appearance.

My understanding is that the problems with the ceramic supplier has "solved" itself, the people who took it over and increased prices to us over 4 fold have been "replaced" so normal service could be resumed if we choose to use any ceramic parts.

Paul Darwin?

advertisement

Back