Advertisement

1. Things you need to know about the new ‘Conversations’ PM system:

a) DO NOT REPLY TO THE NOTIFICATION EMAIL! I get them, not the intended recipient. I get a lot of them and I do not want them! It is just a notification, log into the site and reply from there.

b) To delete old conversations use the ‘Leave conversation’ option. This is just delete by another name.
    Dismiss Notice

Rega power chord

Discussion in 'audio' started by RoA, Jun 11, 2021.

1. jamesd

jamesd pfm Member

I don’t know the terminology too well but I like to be able to determine my own power, line, speaker etc lengths. Really dislike captive cables and the phono leads on Rega tables

2. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

Suitability for purpose.

Oh, you meant removable leads, didn't you?

Suitability for purpose plus major cost savings relative to soldered on leads and plugs that meet each foreign markets electrical standards. Simply drop the appropriate lead into the carton based upon voltage setting and destination country.

Of course, for a lot of makers, this has also become an avenue for up-sales of equally suitable for purpose leads that appear more posh.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2021
    booja30 likes this.
  3. Yank

Yank Bulbous Also Tapered

Cryogenically treated?

Frizzy likes this.
  4. Frizzy

Frizzy Liberal anarchist

I was curious where it started, my cabling is a Ocd fest and foo nightmare.
    Due in part too 50year old house wiring in my grade two listed barn being a noisy, confusing pain I’ve installed 3 radial lines from a new separate fuse box next to inlet to bypass house stuff. All done by my landlords registered sparky, with dates of safety checks recorded on box.
    One each for tv, digital, analogue. It’s a cheap tweek/fix in comparison to a six figure stereo. The rest of wiring loom is kondo from mains plug to speaker, except usb as they don’t make them.

jamesd likes this.
  5. Miss Ariel

Miss Ariel pfm Member

I have have never brought into powercords in the past.I do have quite alot of interconnect accumalated over 30 years.Cable talk,XLO and some silver cable.
    I brought one of Rod's, Rega powercords from the classifieds here for £70 (He's a great guy to deal with - A true gent ).
    I did this as I had a Rega Aria phono stage arriving a couple of weeks later and thought why not ? - It will be an interesting try out if nothing else.
    When the Rega cable arrived I stuck it on my IO as the Aria still hadn't arrived.
    Have to say the little IO sounded superb with the cable on it with main source being a LP12.
    Just seemed to tighten the sound up.The Aria is here and I still haven't tried it on that as the IO is sounding so good.

6. dave charlton

dave charlton EBLT driven

Another sad dig at Rega :rolleyes:

Folkman and flutteringwow like this.
  7. Mr Pig

Mr Pig ^'- -'^

He obviously doesn't know Rega very well as they don't work that way.

I think you need to be a bit deaf not to concede that mains cables can sound different. Don't know why they sound different, but they do.

flutteringwow likes this.
  8. narabdela

narabdela who?

Now there's an a**e over t*t argument if ever I heard one. :eek:

booja30 likes this.
  9. Robert

Robert Tapehead

Now there's a diplomat.

Good answer Paul ;)

10. MikeMA

MikeMA pfm Member

I don't believe that power leads, provided they match or exceed the power requirements of the kit they feed, make the slightest difference to anything. However, that doesn't stop me using nice pale blue Supra mains cables just in case, and to show I care :)

Rockmeister and booja30 like this.
  11. booja30

booja30 pfm Member

Being the insufferable mains cable skeptic I am, some posts make me think of The Emperor's New Clothes. Your post is like the story with a twist: the emperor knows he's naked and just prefers it that way. :)

MikeMA likes this.
  12. Craig B

Craig B Re:trophile

I've often imagined there to be a golden parachute waiting for Paul within the Foreign Secretary's office.

13. paul darwin

paul darwin Trade: Rega Research

Thanks Robert and Craig B, but if you really knew me outaside of my job I very much doubt you would be saying that...... :eek::rolleyes:;);) xx

Robert, Craig B and booja30 like this.