advertisement

Rega Planar eight NeoPSU Apheta MC

joel

Painter of Dragons, Maker of Mirrors
I did my decadal audio revamp last year keeping only the speakers and rack, whilst replacing amp, CDP and TT. So out with the Luxman, Technics and Sony and in with McIntosh, Rega and TEAC.Also Blu Sound streamers are in. All was groovy until, at the very end of December, I collapsed with a brain hemorrhage and was whisked to our local emergency teaching hospital by ambulance, siren blaring,red lights run through, the whole shtick. At least that's what my medical record reports: I remember nothing until March. From I to O the system sounded very much of a piece. I won't bore with details, but the McIntosh MA7200 plays very nicely with 5 digital inputs and trimmable analogue IO galore. The p8 / Neo/ Alpheta do the Planar thing but more so and I was happy camper-san. FWIW I haven't been able to return home since, but am making progress with recovery.

Sounds grim Joel but I am pleased you are on the mend. When do you think you might be home again?

Sounds grim Joel but I am pleased you are on the mend. When do you think you might be home again?
Thanks Snufkin, It has been tough year so far, but I hope to be home within a couple of months.

I am glad, you should be getting back home before the winter sets in. What is the Japanese health care sytem like? I imagine it is a melding of a US system with an element of free health care like the UK's NHS but that is just a guess.

I did my decadal audio revamp last year keeping only the speakers and rack, whilst replacing amp, CDP and TT. So out with the Luxman, Technics and Sony and in with McIntosh, Rega and TEAC.Also Blu Sound streamers are in. All was groovy until, at the very end of December, I collapsed with a brain hemorrhage and was whisked to our local emergency teaching hospital by ambulance, siren blaring,red lights run through, the whole shtick. At least that's what my medical record reports: I remember nothing until March. From I to O the system sounded very much of a piece. I won't bore with details, but the McIntosh MA7200 plays very nicely with 5 digital inputs and trimmable analogue IO galore. The p8 / Neo/ Alpheta do the Planar thing but more so and I was happy camper-san. FWIW I haven't been able to return home since, but am making progress with recovery.
Wishing you a speedy recovery from here on. I’ve spent long periods in hospital before but under very different circumstances. It must be really tough right now with limited visiting.

Thanks. I do hope to be home before winter sets in. But there's a way still to go.Everyone who works pays into national insurance How long you can spend in hospital depends on how long you've been working, so not like the UK or US. It's more European than the NHS and not a crazy free-for-all like the US.

Thanks. I do hope to be home before winter sets in. But there's a way still to go.Everyone who works pays into national insurance How long you can spend in hospital depends on how long you've been working, so not like the UK or US. It's more European than the NHS and not a crazy free-for-all like the US.

Thanks Joel, that’s interesting. Does this mean that your ‘contribution record’ can conflict with clinical decisions about a patients stay in hospital?

Thanks Joel, that’s interesting. Does this mean that your ‘contribution record’ can conflict with clinical decisions about a patients stay in hospital?
Thanks again Snufkin, IME clinical decisions have to work around the time limit, so yes.

My wife had a brain hemorrhage five years ago so I know the drill. The good news of course is that you'll only get better relative to where you are now. How long the recovery takes and exactly where you end up depends on a lot of things but a lot of people make very good recoveries these days. Just take your time, you'll get there.

My wife had a brain hemorrhage five years ago so I know the drill. The good news of course is that you'll only get better relative to where you are now.
Thanks Mr P It is great to hear from someone who has experience of this.

I hope it's all uphill from here. This must be terribly disruptive to life and work but it sure beats not waking up at all.

advertisement

Back