advertisement

[FS] Rega P8 turntable with Rega Ania Pro cartridge in near mint condition

Paul Gravett

Good Bot Gone Bad
For sale is a Rega P8 turntable with Neo power supply unit, RB880 tonearm and Rega Ania Pro cartridge. Bought online from Lyric Hifi in Belfast in spring 2020 as ex-demo, it had very little use - about 30 albums maximum - before I upped sticks later that year and packed it away while I was in temporary accommodation for several months. Shortly after moving in spring 2021, I found a P10 at a price I couldn't resist and it was put into storage again, where it has stayed until recently.

The P8 received rave reviews when it was launched with the consensus being it's huge step up from the P6. I haven't heard the latter but I did have an RP8 a few years ago and the P8 betters it in every respect. It is complete with original box, packing materials and manual. The small cardbord box which houses the AC cable is in tatty but complete condition. The Neo is flawless and the only fault I can find on the deck is a tiny ding on the glass platter (see closeup photo) so I would classify it as near mint condition. You can find out more about the P8 here: https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/rega-planar-8-turntable-and-arm/

When I opened up the P8 last year, I discovered the Ania Pro had developed a fault and sent it back to Rega, where it was rebuilt and as a result is now indistinguisable from a new cartridge. https://the-ear.net/review-hardware/rega-ania-pro-moving-coil-cartridge/ says it "brings out the sense of life and vibrancy in music very well indeed...with impressive power and clean, extended bass which helps to propel the groove". The presentation of the Ania Pro complements that of the P8 - they work very well together.

The retail price for the P8 is £1870.00 and £825.00 for the Ania Pro, totalling £2525.00. I am asking £1675.00, very fair for what is essentially an as-new combination. As it's boxed, it can be shipped but I would prefer collection in person from Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, or possibly delivery within a reasonable distance for petrol cost. You are welcome to use a courier to collect from my home. If you are interested in purchasing, please contact paulgravett(at)gmx.com or start a "conversation" and I will reply.

RegaP8:Ania Pro2 by Paul Gravett, on Flickr

Rega P8:Ania Pro8 by Paul Gravett, on Flickr

Rega P8:Ania Pro3 by Paul Gravett, on Flickr

Rega P8 6 by Paul Gravett, on Flickr

Rega P8 ding by Paul Gravett, on Flickr

Last edited:
I've been very happy with my replinthed Lenco (with Audiomods arm) for the last three years or so, but I've always liked Rega gear (having owned a lot) and a P8 or higher has always been an itch I've wanted to scratch. Very fair price too. I'm going to get back to work and hope it wears off, given my limited funds at present. Please, someone else buy this before I do! :(

advertisement

Back