advertisement

Rega Osiris

It it were me, I’d choose the Osiris over the Aethos without hesitation. Flagship amp, more power into 4ohms and should be a great match for those Neats.

You could always ask Rega themselves, @paul darwin posts here and could probably tell you where they sit in their range

It it were me, I’d choose the Osiris over the Aethos without hesitation. Flagship amp, more power into 4ohms and should be a great match for those Neats.

You could always ask Rega themselves, @paul darwin posts here and could probably tell you where they sit in their range

No doubt where in range they sit, as you mention:
Osiris is flagship which price also indicate
Aethos next
New Elicit upcoming
Elex/R
Brio
IO

Thats six amplifiers from a turntable manufacturer.

No doubt where in range they sit, as you mention:
Osiris is flagship which price also indicate
Aethos next
New Elicit upcoming
Elex/R
Brio
IO

Thats six amplifiers from a turntable manufacturer.

I wonder where the Mk3 Saturn CD fits into their CD player hierarchy....?

Osirisously, there certainly is a lot of amplifier in this integrated amplifier!

osiris_gallery_img2_(1).jpg

I can highly recommend the Osiris , as i've had one in my system for 7 years now. Even at the new current price i would still say its a bit of a bargain. Built like a tank , best remote i've ever used and with a lifetime guarantee. But the best bit of all is the sound !

Recently had a pre/power [ £11,000 and 300w/channel ] on trial to see what an active pre and lots more power would do. Must admit i had high hopes but in fact it was a total let down. The Osiris was much better / preferable in every area you can name.

Anyone have thoughts on an early build Osiris vs. an Aethos? Currently run a Cursa/Exons combo, but...I would really like to cut back to one box. I had been thinking about an Aethos, but just found a 2012 Osiris, alleged to be in fantastic condition (from a known dealer) for a shockingly low price (as in...less than a used Aethos at the same dealer). Should the age concern me at all?

Would not worry about age at all , I don't think there has been any changes, although Im sure Paul Darwin can give a definitive answer. Also reliability is brilliant.

I would jump on it while it's still available.

I actually went from Cursa3 / Exon3 to the Osiris (via an Elicit) and it is a very big positive upgrade.

Using stax energiser through my Osiris, no problem.
Glorious amp, don’t hesitate.

Will double check for you when I get home but pretty sure that’s it. It’s been an age since I hooked it all up.

Anyone have thoughts on an early build Osiris vs. an Aethos? Currently run a Cursa/Exons combo, but...I would really like to cut back to one box. I had been thinking about an Aethos, but just found a 2012 Osiris, alleged to be in fantastic condition (from a known dealer) for a shockingly low price (as in...less than a used Aethos at the same dealer). Should the age concern me at all?

I’ve seen that deal. It’s been calling my name but it’s just not the right time. Please buy it to remove further temptation. They’re as solid of a dealer as it gets.

Hi Chris hopefully going to finalise it
Just waiting on confirmation that I can run my stax set up through it :)

advertisement

Back