advertisement

Rega Osiris

lambo

pfm Member
Hi guys
Looking for your great advice
Always fancied one of these rega Osiris integrated amp and seen one at a good price
Are my sources up to it or would it be too revealing ?
CD rega Saturn cd into Theta TLC reclocker with upgraded power supply into marantz hd dac1
TURNTABLE Clearaudio concept mc with upgraded MCRU linear power supply
Both clamped with mana sound clamps
Any thoughts ?
currently using Naim xs2 with hi cap
Many thanks
Tony

Depending on price, perhaps look at Aethos while the old Saturn is replaced with new or Rega Isis.

Aethos/Isis might be a better choice.

When I tried an Osiris for the first time I realised how good my speakers were and how wrong I was about amps generally - excellent bit of kit, which I couldn’t afford at the time but it set my hifi compass nicely. Pretty sure my PC sound card was the source too and so I agree about there not being a source that isn’t good enough.

Both clamped with mana sound clamps
Any thoughts ?
f_headache.jpg

Thanks everyone for your comments
Went back to buy it and it’s gone :(
Must be quicker next time !!!

2.5K is a cracking price for an Osiris! I've just treated mine to some new speaker cable - EWA L80 - and so very happy with the improvement!

I had an Osiris in my system for a week or so and I found it most agreeable. Speech on R3/4 sounded lifelike which is always the sign of a good amp. It was a bit too expensive at the time for me and my wife was not keen on its appearance so it didn’t fly but the k4pog one for 2.6k sounds like good value. I have bought and sold with John in the past and he is excellent to deal with.

I had an Osiris in my system for a week or so and I found it most agreeable. Speech on R3/4 sounded lifelike which is always the sign of a good amp. It was a bit too expensive at the time for me and my wife was not keen on its appearance so it didn’t fly but the k4pog one for 2.6k sounds like good value. I have bought and sold with John in the past and he is excellent to deal with.
Thanks Ray
I will see what I can sort out

2.5k is a good price for a great amp - I would snap up that K4Pog listing if I were you! His stock doesn’t hang around too long… I dithered over a well priced RP10 and lost out.

I have the Aethos which is all the amp I’ll ever need, but for that price it’s way cheaper than the Aethos too.

in saying that, I prefer the aesthetics of the Aethos, which is worth something if it’s going to be in display. The Osiris looks like it means business though!

Osiris was released more than ten years ago, I wonder if anyone has done a direct compare with Aethos.?

Seem as the Osiris/Isis cabinet style now is trickled down.

Looks like a great amplifier but I find the RRP of £7500 a little difficult to take.

No Digital inputs (is there a phono stage)?

More so as Rega make the IO, which seems a bargain for a UK made product.

advertisement

Back