advertisement

Rega Neo

Mr Pig

^'- -'^
Morning all.

Some of you might remember that I asked about the possibility of running an LP12 off a Rega 24v motor? I'm going to give it a try. Obviously, I'll need to change the pulley to a Linn one.

I've ordered a new Rega Neo PSU and I'll need to buy a 24v motor to go with it. The standard 24v kit costs £150 and comes with a board which allows the motor to be run off the wall-wart or the Neo using a different socket. What I don't know is whether or not the Neo is connected directly to the motor. Because if it is, I don't need that board, I just need a 24v motor.

Does anyone know or have one of those units handy? Should be easy to see.

Thank you :0)

Phase shift (with phase trimming/voltage balancing between) for each speed is onboard the deck via Rega's 'zero vibration circuit'. Also, although the speed switch is on Neo, this activates an onboard relay that switches between two separate networks, one for 33.33rpm operation (what direct wall-wart connection supplies only), the other for 45rpm.

I suppose that one could simply use Neo to supply a simple phase capacitor network on-board, however, much of the advantage is likely to be lost if this doesn't also include at least one hand adjusted phase trimmer pot.

Be a shame not to take advantage of the convenient switch selectable 45rpm with the same level of quality, though.

Also, although the speed switch is on Neo, this activates an onboard relay that switches between two separate networks, one for 33.33rpm operation (what direct wall-wart connection supplies only), the other for 45rpm.

Are you saying that the 45 function is in the deck the whole time and the Neo just lets you switch it on? :0.

Are you saying that the 45 function is in the deck the whole time and the Neo just lets you switch it on? :0.
Technically, only part of it, as this won't operate at 45 without Neo or TT/PSU generating 67.5Hz, something that would be costly to implement within the on-board circuit, hence this being part of the external supply upgrade package goodness.

So basically you can't use the Neo without the board. Kinda all I need to know, thank you. I'll try to track down a motor kit with the mounting flanges on the motor. Then the fun starts...

So basically you can't use the Neo without the board. Kinda all I need to know, thank you. I'll try to track down a motor kit with the mounting flanges on the motor. Then the fun starts...
If you put your feelers out for a kit that has P3/5/7 MOTOR PCB 24V ISSU6/10-04 printed on then this is more likely to have mounting flanges on the motor.

advertisement

Back