advertisement

Rega Neo Question

wiresandmore

pfm Member
Hi

Just got a Neo for my RP8 - out of the box according to the iPhone RPM app it's doing 33.35rpm - pretty good!!!

It comes with a power cable - small DIN to small DIN. On my RP8, the turntable end appears to be captive (or at least it disappears into a plastic moulding where the motor sits).

The original (captive) cable works and it's all fine, but I'm curious why that cable is supplied - are there other Rega turntables with a power socket in the deck to take this connection?

The connection cable on your NEO TT-PSU should be the same as the one in your original TT-PSU which came along the RP8, and should be detachable, not captive.

The connection cable on your NEO TT-PSU should be the same as the one in your original TT-PSU which came along the RP8, and should be detachable, not captive.
Actually, looking at images of RP8s, I think the power cable is captive. It will obviously plug straight into the NEO.

On the RP6 it also detaches. Do you notice an improvement over the TT PSU? I just ordered the Neo a couple of days ago.

Yes, on the turntable end, it’s definitely captive unless you are meant to remove the motor enclosure- which I doubt.

I also put new white belts on, and a new (to me) Apheta 2 - all sounds rather good. Very pleased!

Likely captive by necessity, as there appears to be scant depth available on the ring-shaped onboard supply for a socket.

Rega-Turntable-Factory-by-Pawel-Ptak-12-of-66-1280x855.jpg

Anyone tried a Neo on the Planar 3 and not noticed much difference? (or at least not 1/3 the price of the deck's worth).

Anyone tried a Neo on the Planar 3 and not noticed much difference? (or at least not 1/3 the price of the deck's worth).

I bought a TTPsu for an RP3 and it made an improvement on sound quality, as did a alloy Subplatter and Delrin platter from an aftermarket source.
I would of thought that the Neo would do the same for a Planar3 assuming a decent cartridge and a revealing enough system to let you hear the difference.

It makes a nice difference on my Daughter’s RP3, lower noise floor most notably and as a result, better detail retrieval and special separation... the effects are magnified on my P5/GT ref.

advertisement

Back